Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 14, 2010, 02:05:15 PMjust saw you got one nigel, knowing what you can do with an mbr i cant wait to hear what you can achieve with this little baby. i will wait patiently knowing full well it will be worth the wait.

It's been sat on the desk for a couple of weeks and I am looking lovingly at it every day. However,  I have had no time for any music so all I have done is played with the guitar sounds. But they are fantastic, the stock effects sound really, really good and there are even more parameters to play with than on the MBR. I've been reading the manual and what's impressed me even more is the fact that each track can have its own multi-band compressor settings. I love the mastering and compression capabilities of the MBR and the BR 800 just got a whole lot better. It's a really good piece of kit IMO, and great value.

You should get one, it's still pretty compact. I plan on using the MBR for vocals though.

Cheers,

Nigel

dasilvasings

As soon as someone gets the patch that allows full editing, please let us know!

Question: Can you edit effect parameters "on the go"? That is playing and at the same time changing a parameter?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

Hi Nigel
can i ask how you will be using the MBR for vocals? i've got a BR600 and have been testing out the on board mics and think the MBr has a better sound. Maybe i haven't found the best patches yet?
Anyway just wondering how you plan to do it?

Cheers
Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Geir

Hi Tom,

I've had the same thought as Nigel, I haven't done it yet, but what I will do (and I suspect Nigel will do the same) is to create the song on both BR's with the same tempo in the drum-arrangement (it's not neccesary, but makes it easier). Then I'd make a basic recording/ mix of the music. Export it to a wav-file on the computer. Import that wave-file to the MBR. Record vocals on the MBR. Export the vocals from MBR to computer as a wave-file. Import the vocals to the BR88 (600 in your case) and continue with the music on the 800.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Gee, I don't know about that, Geir. The vocals from your recordings with the guys this past weekend sounded fantastic. If I were you, I'd experiment with using a good external mic like Sir Harry's RĂ˜DE with the BR-800 rather than using the Micro BR as you described. It would be a lot simpler and I think the results will be better.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 27, 2010, 05:44:39 PMGee, I don't know about that, Geir. The vocals from your recordings with the guys this past weekend sounded fantastic. If I were you, I'd experiment with using a good external mic like Sir Harry's RØDE with the BR-800 rather than using the Micro BR as you described. It would be a lot simpler and I think the results will be better.
I do agree with you on that the sound of that RØDE mic was amazing. And I probably will get one of those or another large membrane condenser mic. But still the portability of the mbr allows you to record anywhere so for some projects, I think I'll still use the mbr.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman_1957

Yup, I will be doing as Geir suggested. Rough mix exported to the MBR, all vocal tracks recorded on the MBR and imported into the BR 800 for mixing. The reason being that I have nowhere to record vocals with a mike - I sit in my car in the garage and sing into the MBR, which is actually pretty good for recording vocals. I don't have a decent mike either, and don't plan on getting one as I have nowhere to set it up.

Cheers,

Nigel

64Guitars

Yes, the Micro BR is ideal for your 'mobile vocal booth' Nigel. I was thinking more of Geir's cabin, where an external mic connected directly to the BR-800 would probably be more convenient and give better results. Of course, when he's wandering about the fjords while recording vocals for his latest masterpiece, the Micro BR would be better.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ferryman_1957

Started playing with the pattern editor last night, and I love it. Will be selling the Alesis SR18 after I have recorded the drum sounds off it! At last, a drum program that I can work with.....

I guess I am so used to the MBR approach to drums, it seems the ideal combination of MBR with a simple computer program thrown in.

Cheers,

Nigel