New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

tom r

What kind of money are we talking about for a RODE Mic? just out of interest

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

pjd1

Quote from: Ferryman on September 29, 2010, 04:56:47 AMStarted playing with the pattern editor last night, and I love it. Will be selling the Alesis SR18 after I have recorded the drum sounds off it! At last, a drum program that I can work with.....

I guess I am so used to the MBR approach to drums, it seems the ideal combination of MBR with a simple computer program thrown in.

Cheers,

Nigel
Yeah Nigel its a great bit of software with loads of flexability , its the first time i have used drum software to create a drum beat like you hear in your,e head , Have fun !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

#gpmproject

rain
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi

ehm..I'm little bit disappointed with my BOSS - 800. Main recording, drum editing, everything is perfect, final song while is in recorder is still perfect, but sound level of final song transfered to my PC is poor. every time about - 12db, so I need to normalize recorded songs in SoundForge software, and after that it sounds really bad... like that:

... probably I'm doing something wrong...

Ferryman_1957

Must be something wrong there Lubo, either with your process or your actual machine. Are you using the mastering process as described on p112 of the manual?

Cheers,

Nigel

64Guitars

Lubo: Are you aware that, when mastering or bouncing, the Master fader controls your recording level? I think that many BR users don't realise that, so they just set the Master fader for a comfortable listening level on the headphones, which results in a poor recording level on the final mix. You need to set the Master fader according to the L/R level meters for a proper recording level while mastering or bouncing.

To understand mastering/bouncing (I call it "mixdown"), think of the BR's mixer section as an ordinary, standalone mixer with 8 input channels (12 really, if we include the stereo drums and stereo instrument/mic input). The input section of the mixer includes the BR's track faders, pan controls and track level meters. The output is stereo (2 channels) and is controlled by the Master fader and monitored on the L/R level meters.

With that in mind, mastering/bouncing is easy to understand. All you're doing is setting your tracks levels and panning in the mixer, and sending its stereo output back to an empty pair of tracks.

Since the Master fader controls the output level of the mixer section which is being recorded to the empty pair of tracks, it determines the recording level.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

#gpmproject

thank you

probably master fader is problem... :'(

tom r

Hey Lubo a classic song. One of the first bands i was in used to do a real rocky version of that one

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Ferryman_1957

Just been experimenting with the effects on the BR 800 and they are awesome. The bass effects rival my Zoom B2 pedal, I won't be needing that any more. This is one heck of a unit, but a lot of new stuff to learn.....

Cheers,

Nigel

Facemask93

Has anyone had difficulty getting their BR-800 to comunicate with their laptop or desktop computer , sometimes mine just will not shake hands ( digitally that is )

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

Not had that problem yet Rob, but sometimes it takes quite a long time before the connection is established !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........