What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Blooby

Quote from: Gnasty on January 25, 2014, 08:34:41 AMI still want to and haven`t seen Frank Gambale play. He is one modal monster.

Ahh, nice amp.  I like the Mesa stuff.  I'm in awe of the tones Andy Timmons gets with them. My latest addition is due today.  I found an Avid Eleven Rack for a good price.  

I finally got to see Frank last year (maybe 2 years ago) with Return to Forever IV with Jean Luc Ponty, Stanly, Chick, and Lenny.  I preferred it to seeing them with Al DiMeola (which I caught years ago).  Frank was full of surprises, though, and when he cuts loose (like he starts to do half way through this solo), he is just jaw-dropping.

Gnasty

I`m jealous you saw him. He looks like Michael Chiklis kinda now lol

Congrats! I`ll have to check out the new Avis Eleven rack you got.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hooper

Just now getting settled into my new home studio space.  Same old gear, new space in the 'bonus room' over the garage. The room is 26ft long with 10ft ceiling in the center down to 4ft knee walls on the sides.  It's makes my monitors sound a lot different than they used to in my old 10x12x8 bedroom studio.  Kinda changing my whole reference again.  This has been a long time in the planning and last winter this time I was outside freezing my a** off getting the new house framed.   :D
It's amazing to be here now. Life is good.   :)

The ying/yang guitar guys over the desk are Good Ken/Bad Ken

Still using a version of Sonar that came out in 2000, running on a Frankenstien of a computer running Windows 2000.  When it finally croaks I'll probably be looking at whatever Roland/Boss and Cakewalk are offering at that time.  ie: if it croaks tomorrow I'll probably get a BR800 w/Sonar.   The M-BR is still my favorite 'mastering' tool.  

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

That looks great, hooper! Man, not only do I like the room (and all that room!), but it's all very well-organized. Looks like a place you can really be very productive in.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Wow. Hooper Studios looks awesome. So much space. And lots of great instruments and equipment. I wish I had a room I could devote to a home studio.

You need a new computer monitor though. CRTs are so 20th century. :)

I love the picture of the house exterior too. That's a nice place you've got there. And I don't see any neighbouring houses, so it must be a great place to play music loud without having to worry about people complaining.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

The ying/yang guitar guys over the desk are Good Ken/Bad Ken.............now where have I heard that lol
Super house,in fact a pure dream house,you are very lucky my friend.
Keep those tunes coming.