What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

FuzzFace

Wow!  Nice collection!

Quote from: dasilvasings on January 31, 2011, 12:43:39 PMThe only thing I lack is talent! And time!

That could be a song.

"I own every instrument under the sun
but am unable to play a single one..."

Story of my life!  Ha ha...

Vanncad

Hey everyone.

I haven't been posting any music lately, because I've been up to my n*ts in home reno. It's been an extreme DIY project to say the least.
Between that and my full-time job, unfortunately recording has taken a back seat.  

Anyways - I managed to set aside a little room for myself which will eventually house my gear and give me a place to record without having to tear down every night.
For now - most of my gear is buried in boxes under tarps.

This is an "L"-shaped room about 7' x 13'. I am hoping to eventually put an electronic kit in the "L" portion and have maybe a desk and some room for a couple 4x12 cabinets.

I have to finish my daughter's bedroom and the rec-room first, so it's gonna be awhile yet before this starts to look like anything.

We'll see how it goes (maybe by the end of May I'll have something complete).

P.S. - If you are reading this, and you are a carpenter - I salute you!!

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geir

That will be an amazing studio, where wonderful music will be made once it's finished !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

I don't have a lot of vision for this stuff, so I couldn't see it until the last picture.
Now I'm thinking, what's left to do?

Ha ha

Bluesberry

Oh baby are you ever going to love it Vann......is that your drum kit, or your dream drum kit, I haven't heard any E-drums on your songs yet.  It fits in that corner perfect if it is your kit.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Too bad we didn't live a lot closer together. I'd spend a few weekends helping you out Vann. I've got a rather remarkable quantity of construction tools, considering I don't do construction professionally. I'd gladly put them to use on your reno.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on March 05, 2011, 10:24:04 AMI don't have a lot of vision for this stuff, so I couldn't see it until the last picture.
Now I'm thinking, what's left to do?

Ha ha

Exactly what I thought as well! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

Here's some pictures of my place.

Farrell

Studio desk with VF160, FD8, rockits, outboard gear

Guitars and amps

drum corner

amp room lol

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

64Guitars

That's a lot of gear, Farrell. I think you need a bigger room. :)  Looks impressive though. Especially the desk with the two recorders and all that outboard gear. Do you use both recorders? Are they synced via midi?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

SteveB

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 19, 2012, 09:13:32 AMHere's some pictures of my place.

Farrell

OMG!! Farrell, I'm not Gay, but I want to come and live with you and play with your things!!  :D

Here's what I'm reduced to (and I have to live in this as well!). To the right I can hang two 20-tog duvets over the door frame and make a cotton-wool corner for singing and playing - Yam a/c Guitar + BR900 etc. Oh well.
Great photos Farrell.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon