What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

SteveB

Quote from: bruno on October 19, 2012, 12:05:54 PMI have a new excuse ...... "well, at least I haven't got as much gear as Farrell .." 

+1  :D
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Hook

I have no Idea how to post these pics so I'll put them up as an attachment, perhaps 64 or another admin member will help out?

One of my "home studio" and 2 of my "travel studio" which is my studio of choice as of late.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Wow, Hook! You've got more gear per cubic foot than Farrell. You definitely need a bigger room. :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

wow hook, i'd be like a kid in a sweetie shop if i got in that room.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

my home studio. i stick it in my pocket wherever i go.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

peterp

Wow been a while, finally actually moving on the reno of the basement room to become my music cave.

Got all holes in the cement floor patched with some cement/vinyl patching compound they actual make for this purpose.
Large portions of the damaged wallboard have been replaced, still have a small section to do I did not realize was damaged until I touched it while laying the subfloor.
The old room and closet doors along with their framing are ripped out, they will need to get rehung after the new flooring is in place.
A window was knocked in (had people who know what they are doing do this bit.)
Subfloor was installed using something called dricore
Vapor barrier and new laminate flooring waiting for me to get some more free time.

After that I'll have to frame and hang new doors for the room and box in the window.
Then its just a bit of paint and wallpaper before I can start moving in.

Suspect I will need to change the light fixtures as well, right now there are 4 48 inch florescent tube fixtures there which are bright but generate an awful lot of Electrical noise.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

Another update, but work going on hold till the fall, stupid summer camping vacationing season, bah.

The new floor is down,
all the wallboard is repaired,
the window is boxed in,
and the annoying florescent light fixtures are gone replaced by some small Victorian reproduction fixtures.

Figure will still be able to get a coat of paint on the ceiling and walls but then have to postpone further work (wallpapering, new room/closet doors,and trim work) for the next few months.

Bit annoying to get this far and not be able to move my "stuff" in to its new home for a while yet.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ronniejm

I dont have room for a dedicated recording space, thats on the wish list,
Limited to my BR800, A sure 58 mic (with home made pop filter) my guitars and an Ipad which I use for the thumbjam app.
You cant see the guitars too well in the pic, on the rack from left to right is
A Harley Benton bass that my brother bought me, I was never happy with the bass sound from the bass emulator on the 800.
Next is a Jim Deacon Les Paul styled guitar, this has a broken machine head at the moment, (need to get round to that someday soon)
Then its a Line Six Variax, I should spend more time with this one, I'm sure there is a lot in there.
Next is my Moon 003CE, this one was made for be by a guitar/mandolin builder here in Glasgow, I first met this guitar when it was just some bits of wood, and had the pleasure of watching it grow over several months.
The next one is an Encore I rescued from a rubbish skip, needed some tlc and new strings, plays very nicely, this is the guitar I offer when my mates say, "hey can I get a shot of one of your guitars"
Next is my Takamine nylon string, my only nylon string guitar, lovely tone off this one.
Finally my Yamaha, I've had this one forever, huge sentimental value, and it plays lovely, only downside is the Moon being slightly smaller "fits" me better, I tend to play sitting down, so the Yamaha now feels a wee bit big.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Boss BR-800

My Jukebox

danieldesete

What a fabulous bunch of guitars, I'm desperately jealous

And I guess that dog is your n°1 fan and always ready for harmonies !

daniel
hou hou ha ha