What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Gnasty

Not a great photo but here`s all my gear except my crappy Washburn bass and the rode mic isn`t in the pic.
My new toy is the Line 6 HD POD 500x. Sorry Roland users. I do like the Gr effects units but the Line 6 is more for my style i think.
I did the New Animal solo with it but i have better recordings coming as i adjust tones more and more with it that you can literally do for hours on end and more to figure out.

(click to view full size)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Nice collection. What year is the Les Paul?
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Great colletion !!!

and that's a great looking Ibanez too ... I had to dig a bit ... is it a Frank Gambale signature guitar?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Nice  collection there man,like the les paul ;D

Gnasty

Thanks,

My Les Paul is going on 4 years old and yes Geir, that`s an Ibanez FGM. I`ve had it for 12 years now.
The longest i`ve ever kept a guitar.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Quote from: Gnasty on January 24, 2014, 01:34:05 PMThanks,

My Les Paul is going on 4 years old and yes Geir, that`s an Ibanez FGM. I`ve had it for 12 years now.
The longest i`ve ever kept a guitar.

Is an offshoot of a Sabre (Saber?) model?

Gnasty

Quote from: Blooby on January 24, 2014, 02:08:38 PMIs an offshoot of a Sabre (Saber?) model?

Here it is up close http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/gallery/fgm400qm.jpg

I`ve never tried a sabre but they do look very similar. I don`t think the sabres have a humbucker and 2 single coils. Not sure of the schematics for the sabre.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Quote from: Gnasty on January 25, 2014, 07:57:51 AMI`ve never tried a sabre but they do look very similar. I don`t think the sabres have a humbucker and 2 single coils. Not sure of the schematics for the sabre.

Wiki: Frank Gambale endorsed a Saber model in the mid-1980s, which became the basis for his signature FGM Series guitars of 1987.

I tried to buy one on Ebay about ten years ago but was out-sniped at the last second. A few weeks later, I was vacationing in Alaska and found an identical one in a store (for substantially more money).  I related my story to the owner, and he said he had bought his on Ebay a few weeks earlier.  Small world.

I eventually got a S-series one briefly but couldn't handle the flatness of this particular guitar's neck. I still dig them, though. One of the few Shreddy-lookign guitars I pine over.

Nice set-up. Is that a Mesa Mark V I see?

Blooby

Blooby

Gnasty

I still want to and haven`t seen Frank Gambale play. He is one modal monster.

Yes i`ve thought of selling this guitar many times but i`ll never get the money back although a guitar tech said i would. But i also had custom pickups installed on it.
The guitar really plays well. The only thing i don`t like about it is the sleekness as well and it doesn`t push out enough sustain, but i do love it. Playing the Ibanez and then picking up the les paul is really weird..lol
definitely night and day.

My Mesa Mark IV I ordered brand new in 1992. I just recently took it apart which is real easy and cleaned all the pots and installed a Celestion Vintage 30. Sounds really good these days. They don`t make these amps like this anymore.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity