boss launch the micro br80 to replace the micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 06, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

Oldrottenhead

oooooooooh i just had a thought, henny's uke through stereo mics using a harmony effect.

stop it stop it, gas! gas! gas! gas! gas!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Thanks for the drum machine info, 64. It looks like there are enough avenues available to make something work.

But I fear that there will be no track editing, much like the BR-800
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Who needs track editing? :D  ::)

Seriously though, although I do use it, several of my projects over the last year or so involved no click, and I find cutting and pasting in those circumstances a real chore without a DAW... so I just stopped doing it. Even when I'm using a click now I seem to forget that I can copy and paste chunks of audio if I want...

As this thing comes bundled with a DAW, and appears to have decent connectivity, I don't think it'll be a big drawback (or not to me at the moment, anyway :D).
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

launched

Quote from: AndyR on April 06, 2011, 12:57:28 PMWho needs track editing? :D  ::)

Seriously though, although I do use it, several of my projects over the last year or so involved no click, and I find cutting and pasting in those circumstances a real chore without a DAW... so I just stopped doing it. Even when I'm using a click now I seem to forget that I can copy and paste chunks of audio if I want...

As this thing comes bundled with a DAW, and appears to have decent connectivity, I don't think it'll be a big drawback (or not to me at the moment, anyway :D).

Yes, Andy - I agree with your level of thinking. I use a DAW setup as well after all things are said and done. Track editing fits hand in hand with portability, though. If I come up with a cool riff (Well I thought it was cool anyway ;D), and I'm sitting at the kitchen table with a couple of buddies, there will be no computer - Just beer, chips, etc.

We're lucky to have the MBR swirled in the middle of all that!! Anyway, that 15 seconds of wonderfulness needs to be looped right then and there! It's a godsend for group songwriting because you can keep the ball rolling before everyone loses interest. So in an hour or two you have some hacked together ditty that will be easy to redo later. Of course, this is not normal composition by any means, but way more fun.

I want cut and paste!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

I seriously couldn't live without cut and paste on a machine.  Its essential to how I do it usually.  No track editing would be a serious deal breaker for me.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI seriously couldn't live without cut and paste on a machine.
i didnt know you could do that with the micro br, ive always done anything like that in daws, and the loop function in the mbr is an enigma to me, so does that mean on the mbr i can loop something then cut n paste copies of the loop all joined up? on my mbr?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

the only editing i do on mbr is to record over any clicks ive recorded from pressing its buttons at start and end of a recording.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 06, 2011, 02:00:22 PMthe only editing i do on mbr is to record over any clicks ive recorded from pressing its buttons at start and end of a recording.

ditto, and only then if I can be bothered..... ain't none lazier than the hen.... I don't even bother with wurdz.. ;) ;)

henwrench

ps When I met andrewh he told me of this witchery, but personally, I find it easier to just concentrate for 3 minutes. How hard can it be?   :P ::) ;D ;D ;) ;) :D :D :-* :-*
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 06, 2011, 01:58:43 PMand the loop function in the mbr is an enigma to me, so does that mean on the mbr i can loop something then cut n paste copies of the loop all joined up? on my mbr?
Yes, yes and yes....ah man Jim you are missing out.  I use this looper functionality all the time, set up a 4 bar loop, set up drums, record something, it plays and you record something else onto the next track, keep the loop playing, record something else, bounce it all down within that little loop.  Play that back and play over top.  I have recorded songs using this method, some of my more prog type songs.  I have worked up a whole bunch of these little 30 sec loops, filled them up with instruments until they were small mini songs and then connected them all together into a string and add some more over the top to make it feel more seamless, them add my vocals over the top of all this.  It is kind of like how Pink Floyd did some of their longer songs.  I really like doing things like that.  The mBR makes for a fantastic looper, just don't step on it while looping.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on April 06, 2011, 12:50:39 PMBut I fear that there will be no track editing, much like the BR-800

I think they learned their lesson on the BR-800. There was such an outcry and demand for track editing that they had to create a firmware update to add those features (though I haven't seen it yet). So I doubt that they'll make the same mistake on the BR-80, but you never know. I hope they release the manual soon so we can get more details on the BR-80's capabilities.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website