Main Menu

Ooooh

Started by Rata-tat-tat, March 23, 2009, 03:33:16 PM

Rata-tat-tat

BOOHOO1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is an interlude that I came up with... I'm pretty proud of this one... This was all done on the with the following instruments:

3 Wine glasses
2 Mason Jars
2 Claves
2 LP "One Shot" Rattles
1 LP Egg Rattle
My trusty Ludwig Vista Kit
My $5.00 garage sale guitar
And me

There really was no rhyme or reason to this other than it kind of evolved as I was trying to master the BR Bounce, Master & Copy features. I think it became a little overmodulated somewhere along the way. Some parts did not line up as expected... all in all... I would say this is a good listen... kinda creepy... but good nonetheless. I've simply titled this one Ooooh. Look forward to your comments. Feel free to use.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

tafka

its not a good listen........brilliant listen YES.
i love alternative music. this i imagine was hard to do.
its way too short and it could take so many roads. please expand on this. i could hear this come to life with a Zulu chant.
MORE!!!!!!

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Tony... Thanks for the comment. Most definately... I will. Feel free to add... I agree... this thing could esentially go anywhere. And yes very time consuming. The nice thing about this one... was the fact I could put it down and pick back up where I left off without worrying about loosing those creative juices. It kinda sucked me back in everytime I listened back. Thanks again.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

guitarron

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 23, 2009, 03:33:16 PM3 Wine glasses
2 Mason Jars
2 Claves
2 LP "One Shot" Rattles
1 LP Egg Rattle
And me

sounds/looks like a recipe
 for something fresh-i like it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Oooooohh yeah !!!! Fantastic. WE WANT MOORE - WE WANT MOORE - WE WANT MOORE - WE WANT MOORE - WE WANT MOORE -

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

Dude, this is brilliant....I'm totally diggin it!  Did you record your Ludwigs with the onboard mic? They sound pretty good~along with everything else..... 8) 8) 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Bluesberry

So frigging cool.  This is kinda like how guys like Peter Gabriel compose songs, keep layering all this stuff up from basic percussion, keep at it and then lay a vocal over everything and you have a monster song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: guitarron on March 23, 2009, 04:05:12 PM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 23, 2009, 03:33:16 PM3 Wine glasses
2 Mason Jars
2 Claves
2 LP "One Shot" Rattles
1 LP Egg Rattle
And me

sounds/looks like a recipe
 for something fresh-i like it
LMAO... Yes mix all these ingredients together... this is what you come out with!!!

Quote from: Kody on March 23, 2009, 04:55:05 PMDude, this is  Did you record your Ludwigs with the onboard mic?
I tried to use the onboard mic, but it started clipping too bad... so I used the Yamaha MW 12CX Mixer to mix down into the stereo line in. I did use the onboard mic for the Wine glasses & Mason Jars as well as the vocals.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

lg

Yeah Man, Tony is right!
This could for sure use a Zulu Chant!
God, this is too cool!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

We've had many different things on this forum, but this is certainly one of the most far-out and inspired things I've heard. It's a little world music masterpiece. I can hear the African influence, but there's a little far east marimba type feel to it that gives me echoes of one of my favourite bands Japan. This could be taken somewhere incredible as a complete song with vocals. I can hear David Sylvian's dulcet tones all over this. Amazing work.