Welcome to the “48 All Stars”......(NEW UPDATE 01/01/2010)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 12, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

Tony W

Ronnie! Way to knock this out of the park! This is just loaded with promise and ability. So clean and smooth! You're really getting a solid grip on this. I can't wait for more.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Very well done Ronnie !!! Great tone, great control and really listenable!! 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

I like your style Ronnie!!

Still can't get over how you guys can keep improvising for minutes at a time!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on October 08, 2009, 11:02:02 AMI like your style Ronnie!!

Still can't get over how you guys can keep improvising for minutes at a time!!

Mark
You have to treat it like muscle building, build it up over and over again, longer all the time until you can close your eyes and just play, now that is a great feeling. But you have to build it up, just like athletic training.  We will pomp you op!!!!  ;)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Nice heartfelt mellow blues going on here.  Very nice job Ronnie.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Justin_Case

Wiley

Dam Ronniejm.  Now I feel like am floundering.  This obviously comes very natural to you.  Some of us work hard at it. I am so totally surprised.   You are just tootin your horn and a good one it is.  I love it.!!   

StevieM

Hey Scott and Ronnie ( turn that round it could be Ronnie Scotts ;D), Sorry, I nearly missed these. It would have been a shame if I had.
Great,cool, laid back takes here guys, after only such a short time too. Two natural blues men coming out here!! Love both of them.

Told you you could do it Ronnie ;)

And Mark-----I don't know about the others, but it's the only way I could do it-----if I had to learn a short lick note for note it'd be about 6 months to do 1, then I'd only forget it again anyway :D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Tony W

Quote from: StevieM on October 09, 2009, 05:18:10 AMAnd Mark-----I don't know about the others, but it's the only way I could do it-----if I had to learn a short lick note for note it'd be about 6 months to do 1, then I'd only forget it again anyway :D

LOL I know the intro to a dozen songs. Got sick of learning them note for note beyond that point.

Ronnie, I've given this a couple listens now, and I'm still impressed with the grips you have on the blues. The tone was spot on, the bends are a bit soft yet, but played in the right spots. The slides are impeccable. The feeling is there throughout.

Nigel once said to me that while I didn't have the flashy moves, everything was right on, and I'll pass that forward. When you start nailing all the tricks, your blues are going to melt a guitar.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ronniejm

Thanks very much for all the encouraging comments...

This is so far away from what I normally do, I have been finger picking and strumming my three chord country,folk, ballady songs for.....well for a long time, and I still love to do that, but have wanted for a long time to try something different with my guitar. I have looked at blues before, just on the web, you tube etc, and always ended up totally confused, and gone back to my safe zone.

All thanks to Mike, and listening to you other 48ers, I'm now doing something that I never thought possible, and the bonus feature is I am having a ball doing it. who would have thought it?

So thanks to all of you, this old dog is learning and looking forward to learning more.

cheers

Ronnie
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Boss BR-800

My Jukebox