Welcome to the “48 All Stars”......(NEW UPDATE 01/01/2010)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 12, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

The Reverend 48

Scott Loveless - Lesson 3 - August 3rd 2009
Time:
0:00
Volume:
and last for today we have Scott aka Justin Case who has been lurking in the shadows for a while....... :D
with this highly original take he is well and truly on the radar now 8)

Ferryman

Great job, this is a really lovely take. Very laid back, almost funky blues ish feel. Very original take as Mike says. Well done!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yes - I love it. What a cool rick of blues, Justin Case!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

wow STeveG and Justin you guys are both incredible. I liked both of you guys takes on it. Great job!!

SteveG

Nice one Scott, loads of good ideas in there, did you find it hard keeping things interesting over that elongated outro section? I did.

Tony W

Very nice Scott. There are a lot of sounds in there that I can't even wrap my head around. Excellent job.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

Boy is this gang good for the ego :)

Thanks for all the compliments, but I have to give most of the credit to 48 for giving this long time hack of a player a guided path and inspiration to take playing to a higher level.

I'm enjoying myself immensely and love hearing all the wonderfully different interpretations that this group produces.

Justin_Case

Quote from: SteveG on August 04, 2009, 05:20:17 PMNice one Scott, loads of good ideas in there, did you find it hard keeping things interesting over that elongated outro section? I did.

I really did not have that hard of a time with the outro, but I know why.

In my area we were hit with yet another rainy Sunday and combined with making time at night with BR I got a lot of practice in this past week.  I set a goal to do a run on the BR with this lesson with each of 80 factory patches.  Where the lessons and practice is paying off for me is getting more of a " free flow " to my playing, instead of out thinking myself and trying to plan everything. 

On Monday evening right after work, I sat down and did this in one take. Regardless of how it would turn out I was sending it in 48 first thing this morning for assessment.

Again, I thank 48 for helping me string together my fragmented knowledge and the motivation to try to play at a better level.

Oldrottenhead

great work guys, i'll need to get back to my lessons 48, but bin tied up writing lyrics and singing them for jemima's kite and other collaborations, am trying to keep to many balls in the air.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

rmLESSON 3 post
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is our latest "All Star" to take centre stage after only3 weeks
May I present Ronniejm's first blues post........
WELL DONE RONNIE 8)