Welcome to the “48 All Stars”......(NEW UPDATE 01/01/2010)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 12, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

Bluesberry

Quote from: wiley on June 14, 2009, 12:16:49 PMAnd thank you Bluesberry for you encouragement as I consider you one of the best.  Of course you know I am partial to 48 LOL ;) 
Thanks Wiley, Hey I can dig it, I am a fan of 48 also.  He is the most dedicated to the blues of anyone on here. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

galestermusic

This is a great first time blues jam for all three of you. The beauty about the blues is that you develop your own style to it. This is your very first lesson and all three of show your own styles already. The more you do it the more your style will develop.

Great lesson 48...now I'm going to dig some of you backing tracks on here cause everyone who plays blues loves to noodle! You can do it til the sen sets and it still sounds good! :)

Tony W

The Record button.... Yesterday I was struggling through getting a recording, so I decided not to record, just to get the feel back. When I was nearly done with the backer, I realized that I recorded it on accident.

I said to myself "Self, this is pretty friggin' good. Keep it together for 20 more seconds and finish strong." I botched the ending of course, but it was good enough that I decided to send it to 48 for his approval to move on past lesson 2.

Now as far as performance evaluation.... Wow! I assumed we would all come up with a very similar playing style. I have been inspired by all 3 of you. I'm glad I'm pulling up the rear in class.

Wiley, Sprocket, and Steve - did any of you anticipate that you would inspire future students to study your techniques and help them (me) improve?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StevieM

Hey Impudent, Maybe I should try that, but not sure how I can press record without me knowing about it. Maybe if I did it when I wasn't looking????? But then I might slip up and tell myself what I'd done!!!
Styles?? Yep, it's going to be interesting to see who else comes up with what now, I bet everyone is going to a bit different. I think we're all going to get something from everyone else.
 One of the things that's so good about this, you can almost hear people's personalities come through, and what mood they're in ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Sprocket

Quote from: impudent1 on June 29, 2009, 08:00:26 AMWiley, Sprocket, and Steve - did any of you anticipate that you would inspire future students to study your techniques and help them (me) improve?

No I never did consider that, I just keep looking forward to the next lesson...although I keep giving my feedback as far as suggestions that might help, but I think Im just getting on his nerves.  :D

Wiley

OH you guys!! I am having the time of my life.  Do you want to do a 3 some LOL

Tony W

What can someone say to that Wiley? I'm oddly reminded of my youth....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Ha!!  That didn't sound very good did it!! ROFLMAO Better think before opening my mouth again. ROFLMAO!!!

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

TW Am POSTED
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I take great Pleasure in introducing you to the newest "All Star"...
TonyW formally Impudent.....
He has been studying for only a couple of weeks and has produced this
WELL DONE 8) 8) 8)
Take a Bow Tony ;)