additional comments on SONY ECM-DS70P?

Started by steamfurnace, February 18, 2008, 01:32:29 PM

Oldrottenhead

just bought a set on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140208516098&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=004

hope they are ok. i presume they plug straight into the line in socket and dont require a preamp or anything.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Yes, no preamp and plug right into Line In. You have to turn ON plugin power though. You can do it in UTILITY, right cursor (>) and then Plugin Power ON.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

No problem, tell me if it works fine when it arrives.

steamfurnace

I found another eBayer in the US who bought one from the buyer that I did and gave him positive feedback.  I sent him a message
asking him how it worked, and whether he thought it was genuine; I haven't gotten an answer yet.

steamfurnace

I got an answer; he said it works better than the internal mic in his Olympus recorder,and does appear genuine.  Took 10 days to receive it after ordering.

hewhoiscalledj

Ok, the mic came in the mail and it actually did come from Hong Kong. Right out of the box, I was happy to see it appeared original (based on the previous post about spotting a fake.) Plugged it into the BR and when I played back, I was completely floored by the immediate improvement over the built in mic. Perhaps because it was a stereo recording vs a mono. I didnt get a chance to put it through it's paces but I will do so this weekend and try and post something here so folks can hear the difference.

Not bad for $10. Not bad at all.

steamfurnace

Glad to hear it; mine was supposed to have shipped from Hogn Kong on Feb. 19, but I haven't received it yet.  Now you really have me anxious to get mine!

Oldrottenhead

i got mine from a uk seller see previous post, and it works a treat  really pleased with it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

I might as well just get one, how is the stereo separation? Has anyone tried recording with another musician, one on the left side, the other on the right side?