Hello from Tony W

Started by Tony W, September 10, 2009, 11:34:38 AM

Tony W

While I'm not exactly new, I saw a cool trend emerging and decided to hop on the Train. I live just outside Columbus Ohio, USA. I'm 37 and have been obsessed with music since April 2009.

My song list is extremely short, but I am getting close to where I can post music that doesn't punish the listener.

• Can't you see - Marshall Tucker Band(cover) Recorded on my Ibanez EW20ASENT Acoustic/electric. I recorded this track in the neighborhood of 40 times before I posted it. The day will come when I do a complete cover on this song

• from 48's All Star Blues LessonsMike aka 48 was kind enough to take on some blues students of all levels. I'm fairly certain that I have been his biggest challenge

• Shine On Challenge
    When I took this challenge, I had been dying to post something as a way of saying thanks to all the people who have given me encouragement and insight along my musical journey

• Vinegar Strokes BluesI would definitely look up the vinegar strokes on the urban dictionary! My beloved instructor said I was playing too rigid, so I decided to cut loose at the end of the song

• 48's Souly Blues Challenge September 30 2008. Three full months of blues lessons and things are really starting to click.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Greetings from Flagstaff, AZ.  A mere 35 hours from Cincinatti by Amtrak (via Chicago).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

I lived.... was stationed in... Yuma for 3 years. Flagstaff shouldn't even be considered AZ, its entirely too beautiful.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Glad to have you around Tony, as your confidence grows I sense a great musical mind just waiting to burst out, you are one to watch for sure.  Keep posting and adding this list.

Dave from Atlantic Canada.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Shouts from New Hampshire, home of Recycled Percussion (I only watched one show, alright?)

You sound great and should record & post more. Ditto on what Dave said - You definitely have a passion for music, which can't be bought or taught. The future looks good for you - I can feel it!!

Peace,

Mark 
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StevieM

See, told you can do it. Have more faith in yourself!!! ;)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

This is cool!!  I don't even remember if I ever said hello when I joined.  I think I might have but was to confused at the time to find it. LOL

Tony W

Quote from: wiley on September 10, 2009, 07:24:27 PMThis is cool!!  I don't even remember if I ever said hello when I joined.  I think I might have but was to confused at the time to find it. LOL
Not exactly a shocker PJ, you are a kick the door in and "Hey people, I'm here let the party begin" kind of person. Me.... I slid in unnoticed, farted in the corner, then blamed it on the really quiet guy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on September 10, 2009, 07:33:23 PMI slid in unnoticed, farted in the corner, then blamed it on the really quiet guy.

That was you?  You let flash142 take the blame, and now he's gone--deleted his account.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on September 10, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
Quote from: Tony W on September 10, 2009, 07:33:23 PMI slid in unnoticed, farted in the corner, then blamed it on the really quiet guy.

That was you?  You let flash142 take the blame, and now he's gone--deleted his account.

You don't think it was from the Judge Dread incident?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover