Username Explanations

Started by Kody, March 31, 2009, 11:52:06 PM

SE

Fairly simple really it was the first band I ever played in and have used it ever since for my music.
recorder
Boss BR-80

lg

Wow, this is all so very interesting... No seriously, it is.
Mike I like 48 [48 Special]... Awesome!
Mine is another that's pretty easy to figure...
LG [Larry G Hurst] ... Holdempok just starting calling me that 1 day,
and it stuck.
I love it.
Sounds cool and short and sweet, easy to type [for a lazy guy like me ...LOL]

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

AlchemyMN

Facinating thread...

Mine is based on my favorite album (Dire Straits - Alchemy Live) and the state where I live (MN).  I am also a chemical engineer, so that whole thing about turing lead into gold, well more like turning plastic into gold... I think yiou get the idea.

I have used this e-mail name since AOL 1.0, so I guess I have also gotten used to typing it too.

Michael
\o/

Wiley

You guys are all being so honest.  I chose Wiley because it is my dogs name. LOL  I like the anonomity (can't spell that word) of the internet.  My nickname all through school and life is P.J., Paula Johnson (maiden name).  But if you call me that I will have to crawl into this computer and kick some ass. Even hubby doesn't call me by my first name.  I don't know why I just never really liked it. Anyway I'm fessing up tonight.  Great post though.

64Guitars

Quote from: lg on April 03, 2009, 06:50:52 AMLG [Larry G Hurst] ... Holdempok just starting calling me that 1 day,
and it stuck.
I love it.
Sounds cool and short and sweet, easy to type [for a lazy guy like me ...LOL]

;D  ;D  ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

QuoteBut if you call me that I will have to crawl into this computer and kick some ass.

This cracked me up! And for some reason I believe you, Wiley..
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

Quote from: AlchemyMN on April 03, 2009, 09:32:56 AMFacinating thread...
 I am also a chemical engineer, so that whole thing about turing lead into gold, well more like turning plastic into gold... I think yiou get the idea.
Good to see more engineers here Michael!! Working on a PVC-plant myself can I relate to the plastic into gold thought .. Aaaahh the thought of getting a gold record from a vinyl .... mmmmm ...  8)

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on April 05, 2009, 05:44:19 AM
Quote from: AlchemyMN on April 03, 2009, 09:32:56 AMFacinating thread...
 I am also a chemical engineer, so that whole thing about turing lead into gold, well more like turning plastic into gold... I think yiou get the idea.
Good to see more engineers here Michael!! Working on a PVC-plant myself can I relate to the plastic into gold thought .. Aaaahh the thought of getting a gold record from a vinyl .... mmmmm ...  8)
G.
Another one here, I am a Mechanical Engineer.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

No huge story here. I like my MicroBR and I like me some beers(brew), especially trying off-the-wall ones and microbrews. Well, that was all I needed. BossMicroBRew it was! Salud!

Quote from: 48 on April 01, 2009, 04:25:45 AMSo should I leave it as forte8 (48)or change to mac or kreecher or listening to my stuff has anybody got any inspiration ;D

As I had limited visits here for a few weeks, I got back on here and it took me a good 10 minutes before I realized forte8 and 48 were the same person, hahahaha! Cheers!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Flash Harry

Mine comes from my Dad.
He used to call me Flash Harry, taken from the St. Trinians films (the originals in Black and White in those days) which is why I have a picture of George Cole as my avatar.
A real picture of me would be way too offensive.

Maybe my name will become Arthur Daley in a few years.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.