Username Explanations

Started by Kody, March 31, 2009, 11:52:06 PM

Kody

Hey, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share why they have the username that they do...This was already started in a different topic~Animated GIFs Avatars~ of all things.  So I thought I'd start an official topic dedicated to the idea. I finally understand why 64 guitars' name is what it is(not at all what I would have guessed). I already explained mine, but if you're to lazy to go search, like me.....I'll repost it here. Please share yours!!

I used to be Acoustick everywhere I needed a username.  I always thought the k on the end made me look like more of badass jk lol.  When I found this place, I saw that people were from lands near and abroad, so I thought I'd try to represent my home~ Nebraska,USA~ abbreviated NE.  So I was Acoustick_NE for awhile.  Then, when I started posting music, I was getting compliments like "good job, Acoustick_NE!", ...ect.  I just wasn't feeling it...It was like Acoustick_NE was getting all the credit for my hard work!  So, yep, Kody is my real name, and let me tell ya, it feels pretty darn good when I hear "good job Kody!" It hits home...and, it might sound stupid, but I think it actually helps me grow as a performer... just hearing my real name here on this forum.  8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Quote from: Kody on March 31, 2009, 11:52:06 PMHey, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share why they have the username that they do...This was already started in a different topic~Animated GIFs Avatars~ of all things.  So I thought I'd start an official topic dedicated to the idea. I finally understand why 64 guitars' name is what it is(not at all what I would have guessed). I already explained mine, but if you're to lazy to go search, like me.....I'll repost it here. Please share yours!!

I used to be Acoustick everywhere I needed a username.  I always thought the k on the end made me look like more of badass jk lol.  When I found this place, I saw that people were from lands near and abroad, so I thought I'd try to represent my home~ Nebraska,USA~ abbreviated NE.  So I was Acoustick_NE for awhile.  Then, when I started posting music, I was getting compliments like "good job, Acoustick_NE!", ...ect.  I just wasn't feeling it...It was like Acoustick_NE was getting all the credit for my hard work!  So, yep, Kody is my real name, and let me tell ya, it feels pretty darn good when I hear "good job Kody!" It hits home...and, it might sound stupid, but I think it actually helps me grow as a performer... just hearing my real name here on this forum.  8)

It was a similar thing for me, Kody. I started out as 'LesPaulGoldTop' until I found my feet on here, then switched to Greeny. That was my standard nickname at school, work, and when I play football. Feels comfortable  :)

The Reverend 48

Its funny you guys say this cos forte8 is something I use for work and I just used it cos I was trawling thro web stuff and checked out this site never thinking I'd get so attached.......
So I am up for a change for something more inspiring the only 2 other names I use are kreecher which is my name on the custom car scene and Mac cos my name is Mike McGrath
So should I leave it as forte8 (48)or change to mac or kreecher or listening to my stuff has anybody got any inspiration ;D

Bluesberry

Quote from: forte8 on April 01, 2009, 04:25:45 AMSo should I leave it as forte8 (48)or change to mac or kreecher or listening to my stuff has anybody got any inspiration ;D
I kinda like forte8 and also 48, it is easy and quick to type out your handle when commenting on your stuff.  And it is sorta cool sounding to me.

In my case, it is pretty simple, my last name is Berry, and I love blues guitar music (surprise surprise), so I went with Bluesberry.  I like how it can be shortened to Blues or BB also, which also keeps the blues guitar theme. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony

I can't remember why I chose Tony. There was a reason.  Nah, it escapes me now.  I know it was something to do with ...  Sorry, it'll come to me.  I know it wasn't a rhyme, an encoded PIN number or anything to do with fishing.  It was something more personal than that.  Shit, this is embarassing.  Sorry, it will come to me.  I'll sleep on it.

Regards,
Tony

Ferryman

I don't like using my name as a forum handle because it's open to public search and it's very often already taken (probably not on this one though). I've been using Ferryman_1957 as a handle because I know it is unique anywhere and it's easy to remember. Two parts - 1957 is the year I was born (ulp), Ferryman is a nickname I acquired in a band a few years back because I like Bryan Ferry a lot and we played a cover of "Let's Stick Together", so the rest of the band started calling me Ferryman. So it kind of stuck and is easy to remember. And at my age, I need that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Tony on April 01, 2009, 05:57:03 AMI can't remember why I chose Tony. There was a reason.  Nah, it escapes me now.  I know it was something to do with ...  Sorry, it'll come to me.  I know it wasn't a rhyme, an encoded PIN number or anything to do with fishing.  It was something more personal than that.  Shit, this is embarassing.  Sorry, it will come to me.  I'll sleep on it.

Regards,
Tony
Priceless  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hewhoiscalledj

HeWhoIsCalledJ here... When I first had to come up with a user name for my first Hotmail account many, many moons ago, I really tried to just use my name as much as possible but apparently it was taken (JC Garcia). Go figure right? After way too much thought and already taken usernames, I got really frustrated and went with "He Who Is Called J" since J was what most of my friends called me anyway. As if JC was just too long  ::)

It was pretty original, so I've kept it as my WWW.identity for over a decade now. Although after much use of that handle on other sites/forums, I added "SixthString" for occasional use. But mostly, I'm hewhoiscalledj... A pain to type for some, but if referring to me in a comment, please feel free and use "J"  and I'll respond in kind.

Tony W

I am who I am every day of my life, so one day I decided to pick something opposite for an online identity. I'm not a little too lazy to change it.

Impudent: marked by contemptuous or cocky boldness or disregard of others

1. I find it interesting to see who recognizes the word, or looks it up.

2. I like to see who recognizes what I'm really like without making assumptions based on a screen name-- weak, weird, but yeah, it is what it is.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

mine was a tribute to robert wyat after his album old rotten hat. oldrottenhead cos im grey headed, well wot i have left and my head is full of shit n stuff spose thats where all the lyrics come from.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann