"Top Hat"-Jazz instrumental

Started by Johnbee, November 10, 2010, 11:53:50 PM

Johnbee

Top Hat
Time:
0:00
Volume:
OK.  I'm gonna bite the bullet and post this, though I had my reservations.  The last song I posted here somebody didn't like my sounds and this song is an instrumental done with the same (apparently lame) program that the last one was made with.  I like it BTW.

Anyway, here's an original jazz instrumental I call "Top Hat"  Made with Garritan Jazz & Big Band version 3 and sequenced and mixed in Samplitude Music Studio 2008.

:) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Pipes

Hey...Nice posting..glad you bit the bullet!
... i take my top hat off to you...sweet and cool jazz:)) and i like it alot BTW
keep them coming please:))
Nick

Blooby

What wonderful melodies. Just curious what it would sound like with a violin as lead instrument.

When the harmony melody comes in at 1:11, I get a distinct Zappa vibe.

Downloaded to my hard drive.  I'm going to spend some time digesting it, but what a great way to start the day. Fantastic.

Blooby

Hi John, glad to see you're back posting. I'm a guitarist so I don't really understand the programmes you use but I do know I like the end result. This is cool  8) ...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Fabulous stuff John.

Love the laid back feel and the harmonic arrangement really hits the mark for me.  I'm a "hardware" keyboard player so please forgive my ignorance - the software you mention is presumably a soft-synth package which you trigger from a midi-keyboard?  Is that how it works? 

I might have to have a look at soft-synths.  Not that I can afford to buy anything at the moment.

Paul

Redler

Nice to see you posting your tunes again! Fine jazzy tune, just that type I like. With good sounds...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Excellent jazz sounds with a really great feel,a really great listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Johnbee

Thanks all for listening and the "Welcome back".
Chapper.  You are correct.  Garritan Jazz & Big Band is a "soft synth" program of sampled instruments the likes of horns (sax, trumpet, trombone, flute, clarinet and the like) as well as piano and acoustic bass.  Over 50 instruments in all.  You can either play it as a standalone to play live or use the "plug in" for your DAW to record in MIDI with, as I've done here.

More info here;
http://www.garritan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=144&Itemid=56

Thanks again!
 :)JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

supersoldier71

I very much dig the vibe of this tune.  What kind of midi controller do you use?  I'm considering adding midi to my recording kit, but have no idea where to start.

Geir

This is a really great listen !!!

Yeah, I get that Zappa vibe too (that is areally good thing in my book)! A really interesting and great melody and the arrangement is superb !!

Kepp'em coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........