Like A Leaf On A Breeze (instrumental)

Started by stoman, October 23, 2010, 01:52:50 PM

stoman

And this is yet another oldie-remix. Any volunteers for a real lead guitar part to replace the cheap synth sound?

Like A Leaf On A Breeze

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Regards,
  Steffen

Donna D

This is lovely, Steffen.  :)  I hope someone jumps in with a real guitar.

The player isn't working, though. I was able to listen via the hyperlink an hour ago, but when I clicked on it again just now, the song doesn't play.

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

stoman

Thanks, Donna, my one true friend! ;) 

Strange that the player does not work. I double-checked the link, and it looks ok.

Sometimes there are issues with the file permissions on my (Linux) server, but I checked those too. Is anybody else having problems with the player?

Regards,
  Steffen

cuthbert

Hi Steffen,

The player isn't working because singlemp3 parameters were incorrectly set.

Instead of:

[singlemp3=http://stoman.org/download/Stoman_Like_A_Leaf_On_A_Breeze.mp3]Like A Leaf On A Breeze[/singlemp3]

It should be:

[singlemp3=Like A Leaf On A Breeze]http://stoman.org/download/Stoman_Like_A_Leaf_On_A_Breeze.mp3[/singlemp3]

Here's a player with the correct parameters:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Hope it helps,
cuthbert
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

stoman

Oh, I see. Thanks, Cuthbert! I thought it was the same syntax as the url tag. Did not realize the meaning was reverse.

Regards,
  Steffen

T.C. Elliott

I like the percussive touches and thought that the synth actually worked very well. This is quite well done. The melody is sweet and all the parts sound very well done. This performance is very very good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

stoman

Thanks, T.C.! Doesn't seen to be everybody's cup of tea, but I'm quite satisfied with it. Especially for nostalgic reasons - this is a very early composition. Only the mix is new.

Unfortunately I lost most of my old recordings, so I have to recreate them all from scratch. That will keep me busy for the rest of my life.

Regards,
  Steffen

Pipes

Hi..yes, some classy guitar work woukd go down a treat...also maybe some vox
love the feel and melody you have here
Nick

drumbum

It didn't take me long to click on download for this one....I enjoyed this alot!!

nice blend
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Geir

Almost missed this one.

Really a nice melody and stellar arrangement/production.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........