Fist Full of Boognish

Started by Boognish, July 12, 2010, 09:49:12 PM

Boognish

FIST!
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It's been a while. I've been pretty busy with work, but I have had some time to play around with my noisy toys.  I've always loved the Good the Bad and the Ugly trilogy, I guess this is kind of a tribute. 
Okay to cover.

T.C. Elliott

Wow that was pretty good. I love those movies so this was a pretty good listen. I think it works really well.. how the hell did you get to stay on key with those whistles?

I love the way you add to it and it builds up. Very good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

WOW indeed !! A great listen. Fab tune, really impressive whisteling !!

Love the production !!!

instant favorite with my morning coffee !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

That was Amazing AB.......  :o

Is that whistling or is it that evil keyboard you have?

Whatever it is, you rule at it!

The Build is awesome!

Love it!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

dasilvasings

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

How did you do that whistling! It's spot-on Morricone. This is so clever and so cool! It's a very ambitious thing to attempt, let alone pull off so brilliantly. I love the way it increases in intensity. Perfection! And that mad keyboard part at the finale is far out. Damn this is good.

I'm glad you called it 'Fist Full of Boognish' and not 'Boognish Full of Fist', lol!!!!!!!

Boognish

well since you asked...
that is me whistling, i recorded it in my tiny 5'x5' bathroom (notice the birds and bugs outside at the beginning), which has a nice echo, and i turned the reverb waaay up to make it stand out. The highest notes were a little hard to hit and "airy." and no osc, i didn't even use that keyboard on this one, although it would be fun to add in there. the keys are my nasty old organ running through a wah pedal, then into the MBR on a noisy setting. wanted to add another bass line and maybe some more effect type sounds, but who knows if I ever will.
Okay to cover.

Gu Djin

Wah wow awow, and whistles too.  Great interpretation of the themes, they're almost all thrown into one.  Brillig!!
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

What a wonderful piece of work, my feeble brain wouldn't even know where to start.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

I'm a huge Morricone fan, and this is an amazing tribute to his spaghetti western style. But more than that, it is also just so damned original. Well done, Boognish!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase