WOODSTOCK! Long Black Veil (The Band cover)

Started by Bluesberry, July 19, 2009, 08:08:43 PM

OsCKilO

Quote from: launched on July 19, 2009, 06:49:35 PMAnd you know that craziness
is killing time

And thats all it is......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

Wow, BB... you are definitely channeling the spririt of The Band in this one. What a terrific job - in all respects. You hit those harmonies really well, and mixed them in beautifully. It's a great song, and I can understand why you're on a high with it!

Ferryman

Sounds great and more fabulous harmonies - you're on a roll there! But it stops suddenly afetr 1:30. Is that intentional or am I just having some problems with the player? It was sounding great up til then, you are truly inspired!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Those Harmonies are getting better and better Well Done!

Bluesberry

Thanks for the comments, Nigel the player works for me, for sure it goes past 1:30. in fact it is just getting to a good part  ;), you will have to give it another go.  Once I started working on this song, I became like a man possessed, I just couldn't stop until finished, that happens sometimes doesn't it.  It was sounding so good as I was laying it down I just had to get it finished and posted.  I tried to give the instrumentation a "Band" feel, especially that bass line, I am no bass player so I was happy with how that turned out.

As for the harmonies, I had a little help from my new toy, the Harmony-G.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wiley

You sounded great Blues! You really did mix this great and you bass playing was just fine.

Jim1970

Cool stuff.  Like the Harmonies alot.

Great Job!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

this songs gets better every time i hear-awesome job bb

tc sounds real natural (gas)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

BB - THAT'S IT!! Whatever the settings, keep them. You've hit bullseye. I'm from the When-It-Sounds-Right-It-Is Tendency. And that sounds damn-right! With that sound, (And I bet you worked hard to make it sound so simple?), you wouldn't have been out of place in the Original Woodstock Line-up. Very well done. Now, you can transfer your new techniques to your own songs.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon