WOODSTOCK! Long Black Veil (The Band cover)

Started by Bluesberry, July 19, 2009, 08:08:43 PM

Satchwood

Wow BB - Great job!!  Those harmonizing vocals really make this song SING!!

I've never really heard much of The Band's music, so I'm getting a music education!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Quote from: SteveB on July 21, 2009, 01:00:17 PMBB - THAT'S IT!! Whatever the settings, keep them. You've hit bullseye. I'm from the When-It-Sounds-Right-It-Is Tendency. And that sounds damn-right! With that sound, (And I bet you worked hard to make it sound so simple?), you wouldn't have been out of place in the Original Woodstock Line-up. Very well done. Now, you can transfer your new techniques to your own songs.  ;)
Thats the plan Steve, thanks for that.  And you are right , it was a lot of trial and error and frigging around to get it to sound so effortless and smooth (funny about that hu).  But now I have something that sounds good and I can use again.

Thanks for all the great comments (too many to mention by name), I really like how this song came out.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Sounds great to me too, not a great fan of the Band, but I like this lots!!