'Elderflower and Midnight' (LIVE) by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 08, 2009, 03:49:20 AM

hooper

Quote from: Greeny on July 08, 2009, 06:20:19 AM
Quote from: hooper on July 08, 2009, 05:36:15 AM
Quote from: Greeny on July 08, 2009, 05:28:37 AM
Quote from: hooper on July 08, 2009, 04:54:00 AMWhat a treat it would be to see Greeny live!
Come back to Asheville for a gig, Tim?  I'll drive 2 hours to see ya.  :)

I'd love to do a N.C. gig! Salisbury is my 'home town' there, but Asheville, Winston-Salem or Raleigh are fine with me! Oneday... !!!!!

Only 20 minutes from Salisbury and I grew up playing in garage bands in Winston-Salem.  Would love sometime to hear about your connection to NC.

It all started 20 years ago - I stayed with a friend who was staying with a friend in Salisbury (in a trailer park!), and we kind of adopted the place. We used to walk 7 miles into town everyday for hotdogs at Spanky's diner or chicken at Bojangles. Then we kept going off on various travels, but always ended up back there. It was our home for a while really. And I used to catch the Amtrak from there to other places too (although there were only 2 trains a day - 1 north and 1 south, and the north one arrived back at 1:30am). It's a special place to me. Have gone back several times since then, but not recently. I also like Manteo on the outer banks. Have been to Charlotte quite a few times too. Our friend from Salisbury now works at Wake Forest university, so our old trailer days are gone now. I like NC a lot, and the Smoky Mountains are one of - if not the most - beautiful sights in America. I could wax lyrical for hours, lol...

lol... Well, you came a long way to get hot dogs from Spankys.  It's amazing to hear you talk with such familiarity about my own backyard.  Wish I could say I was as familiar with so many great places around London!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Greeny

Quote from: hooper on July 08, 2009, 06:39:44 AMlol... Well, you came a long way to get hot dogs from Spankys.  It's amazing to hear you talk with such familiarity about my own backyard.  Wish I could say I was as familiar with so many great places around London!

I forgot Cheerwine... I got a bit of an addiction to that  :D

It's the icon picture on my 'Heart of Carolina' song now

OsCKilO

This came out really Well!!!!!!!

Recorded nearly as good as it was Live!

This is the one that got everyone hooked in the pub!

The Mood was great and all eyes were on you!

Long drive, but would make the trip again!  Well worth it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I thought this came out great as well. And the strong finish in the end worked well - hard strumming without cracking it up.

Awesome!!

Mark

PS - You make me want to play guitar all the time!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman_1957

Agree, this one came out really well. I think this is closest in feel to the live performance, it's also a great song. My fave on the night because of Tim's guitar playing which was really quite unique compared to most of the other artists there that night. Truly fantastic.

Cheers,

Nigel

Flash Harry

Oh fantastic Tim. Just so bloody good.

What was the sound system like Nigel? Did the music come across clearly?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman_1957

The sound system was a small ElectroVoice PA and the sound was actually pretty good. Guitars and vox through the desk, the guy that was running the event knew what he was doing. Certainly it did Tim and the other performers justice.

Cheers,

Nigel

Tony W

This is one of those songs that are captivating enough to not read comments while listening. I closed my eyes and lived in the moment. Great job Tim.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Great song well played would have loved to have seen this live, just too good!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

lg

Bravo, Bravo!
When is the US tour, Tim?
I would love to see you, or better yet, play guitar with you.

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!