"Oh Yeah" (Laurent Bardainne cover)

Started by alfstone, November 13, 2022, 03:37:52 PM

alfstone

Oh Yeah_mixdown master
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instrumentals2022 (banner image missing)

This time the story goes this way: working at home with Spotify on background ("suggested" music). As soon as I begin to listen to this song, well, it's "love at first listen"  ;D  I didn't know anything at all about Laurent Bardainne, but I love this tune by this French composer, sax and keyboard player.

So, "Oh, Yeah!"

Alfredo

P.S. guitar Yamaha SA2200, both with Kemper and Boss SY200 (the synth parts); backing tracks as usual BIAB 2022

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Alfredo,
This is a super nice recording.
And this is my first listen to this song, and I am in love as well.
Really happy to have heard this from you!!!
And the guitars are so fine!
Thanks for this beauty!
I needed this.
Rene

cuthbert

Not a tune I was familiar with, but it sounds like it could be a theme from a Spaghetti Western - which I love.

Nicely done!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jean Pierre

great sound; great song, great mix*

Quotea theme from a Spaghetti Western -
it's true that I have in my imagination images of a gang of masked pistolero on a dusty track, along a railroad track, at sunset

Well as I don't know Laurent Bardainne at all I listened on you tube oh yea and this time I see in imagination a troop of mexicanos on horseback along the Rio Grande   :D

Thanks again for publishing on SC Alfredo, your choices and style contribute to diversity
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

Never heard this song before, but like you said "love at first listen". There's certainly a lot of that Morricone / Spaghetti Western vibe to it. But also a lot of 60's - early 70's vibe in general.

I had to check the original too, and turns out it's a new song (!). The songwriting is clearly retro pop influenced, but the spaghetti western influence isn't in the original. And i also think your version has more of that 60's vibe to it.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I just know that the guitars on this are amazing!  Bravo!

catchy beat drives this onward but that rhythm guitar and the lead are major winners here!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Some real fine guitar playing Alfredo! The Kemper and Yamaha SA2200 create an excellent lead tone. I don't know this song but it does have a retro western movie theme to it. I enjoyed it, nice work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

What a lovely recording. I love the horn bits. Was that the SY? They are subtle but add a lot.

Great playing throughout.

Blooby
?

Mike_S

Great listen Alfredo. lovely melody and very nicely played. Lovely palette of sounds you used on this one.

I bought myself one of those Boss SY200 pedals a couple of weeks back after much research. It has a great selection of sounds, some of the slightly cheaper ones just seemed a bit like one trick ponies but this pedal fits in many styles.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

shout out to the bass on this as well... It really grooves, it's tight, it's interesting, it's busy but just right for me.  I love going back and listening to 70's pop tunes to hear the bass work that I missed as a boy.  The speakers and amps we had just could not reproduce bass so I missed out.  Some of my favorites were Linda Ronstadt's and Olivia Newton Johns bands. 
this bass reminds me of those.  I could get lost in the bass work alone.  That keyboard is great too...
splendid playing and recording sir!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner