One song Patsy Cline Fest?

Started by Wiley, June 18, 2009, 06:27:35 PM

Satchwood

I'm lookin forward to hearing your take BB; as well as others "outside the box" soloing on this - should be fun! 

Your right wiley's dreamy voice is inspiring!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Glenn Mitchell

I'm basically a blues guy but played backup for a country band for years so this was a bit of a flashback and a lot of fun.
I wanted to add a bit of "new" to the country so chose a distortion to my leads and some, hopefully not too intrusive, but more traditional harmonies.
Hope I didn't screw it up too badly.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

OsCKilO

Stunning voice P.J! Simply sublime!

Great Work Mike and M_glen_M!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Here you go PJ.  Here is my take on this.  First let me say thank you, this was really, really fun playing along with your wonderful vocal an this classic song.  I used my Strat and for the tones I used my Line6 Pocket Pod plugged into the line in of my microBR.  I started out in G major pentatonic (for the more country feel) and half way through the solo I switch to a more bluesy tone and G minor Pentatonic for the rest of the song.  Just for fun and to change from the country sound to the more bluesy sound in the second half.  I had a blast with this, thanks PJ for posting this, great fun on a Saturday night.

Great job Mike and M_Glenn_M, nice ones guys.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Most excellent singing Wiley!! - I actually started recording some stuff last night - probably won't get a chance to post until Monday morning.

All these great takes at guitar playing and even backing vox!!  Great job guys!!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

This is just so wonderful.  I am amazed.  How you switch from major to minor.  OH you guys have made my day.  And we still have another day.or many LOL I am just wowed.  and 48 just strted giving me my next lesson.  Thanks guys.

Satchwood

Well here is my "thinking outside-of-the-box" country-ish licks for ya. 
No shreading at all.... 8)   You've got a stunning voice on this song Wiley!!

Bluesberry

Nice, nice playing Satch.  Country-ish never sounded better.  I like the two guitars playing off each other in the solo, very cool.  Nice tone. 

4 cool guitar fill versions with the great vocal talents of Wiley.  Great job Wiley.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Hey, I just listened to a Patsy Cline song four times in a row!! :D :D

48, Glenn, BB, Satch - A broad spectrum of excellent guitar talent - I was full entertained!!

Wiley, as I said before, very talented and professional singing - if I only had one of your vocal cords!

Very Cool  8)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

galestermusic

My mom use to play this song all the time when there were records! LOL  So, I thought I would throw my two strings worth in. But, its not really good. I was putting an AC in Sat and a window smashed my fingertips on my fretting hand. Need less to say they are sore!

I have to say that was the longest break for a guitar solo. lol it was 40 measures long :)

Wiley what settings do you use on your mic set up. Do you use the onboard? If you use an external, what kind?

Had fun with this except for the sore fingers. :(