'London Bridge (is falling down)' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, March 22, 2021, 04:48:53 AM

Greeny

London Bridge (Is Falling Down)_TIM GREEN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
(lots of) Fender Telecaster, Tanglewood acoustic, Jazz bass, various pedals and Garageband drums. All recorded and mixed on the MBR.

has this city lost its mojo squire?
an elizabethan phantom thats been rattling its chains
we are bubonic fleas in the year of the rat
take two of these in the morning and you'll be right as rain

and the wings of the ravens get clipped
in case they fly away

london bridge is falling down
plague and pestilence are fighting for the crown
now london bridge is falling down

could this city spare a fiver mister?
sucking on a lemon with a face as dull as rain
we are a troupe of armchair acrobats
take two of these in the morning and don't come back again

and the wings of the ravens get clipped
in case they fly away

plague and pestilence are fighting for the crown
now london bridge is falling down

maxit

Wonderful one! In its lyric and the absolutely genial minor/major mixture remember me of wonder boy nick drake https://lyricstranslate.com/it/nick-drake-chime-city-clock-lyrics.html
Great songwriting !!!

recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

A wonderful Greeny track but that chorus in particular is to die for. Love the cadence of the chorus lyrics, the vocal harmonies and the lovely bass line punching it along mixed with that clever change on the "plague and pestilence" part. Just wow. The resyt of it is lovel;y as well, a great mix of lovely Tele sounds and some nice vibrato/tremolo effects. And of course the lyrics completely hit the spot right now.

Another belter, loved it!

BerryPatch

Neat, neat track. The lyrics are very sharp and I love the changes and layered production. Always love to hear what you're doing the on bass and this one certainly didn't disappoint in this department. Lovely execution overall, another high quality Greeny cut!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another excellent track, those guitars you're using sound great. And I like the melodies in this, really catchy in the chorus. Look forward to next Monday's song :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

in this case it's all about the lyrics for me...because i love your questions here...and I think they are relevant and valid... I admit I am a bit of more than a casual observer of England...and of course in a big way that means London.... and it does seem to me there is something going on there that is a bit different than everywhere else... but wtf do i know really?  It does seem odd to me though...
great piece for alot of different reasons here for me Tim...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Gritter

Very catchy tune, dig the jangly uplifting guitars. Killer bass as well. I'd say this is great song all around!

Bluesberry

top notch songwriting here .....tasty as all heck basslines....I love the bass here....gorgeous and delicious....that Jazz bass is sounding very good...punchy...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

Your lyrics are always so clever.
You could write a book of poetry.
Your observations always draw me in.
The music is class and your vocal always delivers.
I have to say I also like your bass guitar work on your stuff as well.
Nice one mate.

Kenneth

You're an amazing song creator Tim. I haven't ever heard anything from you that I don't care for. Every song is good.
Another great tune.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman