The knights of old

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 14, 2021, 08:22:04 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

knights of old - songcrafters edit
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Im not sure how this song came about now, but it could have been after watching the game of thrones (again) :)

Lyrics
KNIGHTS OF OLD

1. Once upon a long time ago
When legends they were born
There was quest to rule the land
And take the sword from the stone

2. Many tried and many failed
But none could set it free
Until a young lad took his chance
And the rest is history

(Chorus)
Knights of old, knights of old
King Arthur and... his band of men
And so the story goes...
Knights of old, the knights of old
Around the table ...round the table
We were the knights of old

3. In Camelot they made their home
With battles far and wide
On travels found their Holy Grail
With Merlin by their side

4. They fought fire breathing dragons
And put an end to evil kings
They kept us safe... from invading foes
And helped lords to find their rings
(Chorus)
(INST)
(CHORUS)
Darren Gibbons@2020
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

tonyc

love it , and the subject , nice performance , and like the vocals . great tune ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Farrell Jackson

A cool song and lyrics! I like your emotive vocals and nice harmonies in the chorus. The contrast between the gritty and the clean lead vocals work well to create a cool dynamic for the song. There are some tasty guitar parts that are placed well. Overall a very full sound...I like it!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

This is a fantastic track, Darren. Stellar production skills and very well arranged. Keith's vocals are brilliant as always and the instrumentation is first class. Great job; well done.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

bloody great....I love the story too...and the singing and music are fantastic....awesome stuff...and such a great add to songcrafters... love the swirling keyboards and those chugging guitars just below the surface at times....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Great song and fine production.  I'm always keen to hear about the equipment used in the recording process - I'm a bit of a equipment nerd!  Do you guys colaborate remotely - although that's a bit of a silly question at the moment, but I meant normally - whatever normal is/was!

Paul Chapman

Greeny

Builds so nicely, and I especially like the swirl on the backing vox (a little bit of CSNY to my ears). And the bass... man, that is damn fine. Everything is really well played, placed and produced. Would make a great TV theme tune.

Excellent! :-)

Ferryman_1957

Totally brilliant production, love the wide open stereo image with everything so clear and well-placed. The drums sound great and I really like the bass sound and bass playing, right up my street. The vocals are really good, a great performance which is really well recorded. I love the twists and turns in the song, when I saw teh lyrics I thought this could be a Marillion-style track but it's nothing like them. Really cool sounds all round and wonderfully played and put together, well done to you both.

I can see the Isle of Avalon from my house so King Arthur is fast asleep not far from here. I played this loud but sadly it didn't wake him........

Redler

Great song with some tasty arrangement. Fine songwriting, performance and production!

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

WOW what a great production !!! fabulous composition , you are deffo out of the box with this one !! just love that vocal , but saying that i love all of it , tremendous talent on show here !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8