The knights of old

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 14, 2021, 08:22:04 AM

BerryPatch

Awesome song guys. Great mix, really lets the bass playing shine. Great vocals from Keith and a seriously good arrangement.

WarpCanada

Great production values and good songwriting.  I felt a little Pink Floyd Meets CSNY.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Bluesberry

This is a giant of a song lads......you were sitting on the shoulder of giants while crafting this one...impressive as it gets.....your production is stunning...so good

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I can only agree with Bluesberry.... If I heard a band playing this...it would be a 10 spot tip instantly.... I had to comment again after reading Dave's.... because i could listen to this song over and over and over....
reminds me of the Cars keyboards..(and a touch of Fleetwood Mac too)..... Supertramp and Alan Parsons construction....with a Pink Floyd feel ......there are so many aural goodies in hear (ear candy? yes...yes).... and the little stylings with the voices...so cool....the whispers, the singing, the panning....and honestly live it would be mono so not as good....
I would love to hear a whole album of this stuff....
I really dig the little guitar noodlings too.... this is pro stuff...at a big level...big smiles and happiness here...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Loving the expression in your vocal on this a beauty of a track and history lesson to boot who could ask for more...an excellent track Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jean Pierre

great vocals, great instruments, great lyrics and story (specially), great mix....in fact all is great !
!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

Pure class, really well built and structured. It has so many interesting little bits and additions as the song progresses. A big nod to those super vocals. What a great tune!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

An amazing vocal track mix and overall song groove, and really enjoyed that little bridgey riffy break around 2:45.

I dig it!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

This is really good. Nicely done, it's a beauty of a tune...
You are a great addition to this community.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman