Main Menu

Broken Home

Started by Kody, November 10, 2020, 09:47:01 PM

Kody

Broken Home
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It's been too long! I've missed you guys...Hope all is well wherever you are!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Redler

Brilliant songwriting with touching performance. I like your voice, fits perfectly on music like this. Nice work on guitar, too...

Enjoyable listening!

ps. Welcome back!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

wow....I would suppose that if it took 11 years to come up with this it would be worth the wait... gorgeous song, singing...love the particularly heavy bass.... I am new here, since August (old guy, old musician, but relatively new songwriter).... anyway i will be digging back through some of your old stuff....look forward to it...  perhaps you could post a bit about your recording process here in the thread as well...also I will be placing this nice song on my SC folder that i listen to when running, driving etc....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Welcome back and a excellent song to come back with
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ferryman_1957

Missed you too Kody, great to hear from you again. This is a wonderful track, open, effective and heartfelt. Great feeling in the vocals and I love the production (drum sound in particular). The strings (synth?) are a really subtle touch as well. A fanatstic listen, a great way to say hi after an absence. Welcome back!

Kody

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I moved on from the Boss multitrack recorders a while back to tryout the computer-based recording world. I use Presonus Studio One as my main DAW. For drums on this one, it's EZ Drummer, but I've since splurged and upgraded to its older (much more expensive) brother, Superior Drummer. There are two midi tracks on the 2nd verse - the strings you hear are from a plugin called Omnisphere & the piano is just a stock vst included in Studio One, both played on my midi controller/keyboard. I believe the acoustic guitars are 3 tracks - panned hard L & R, and one up the middle. The bass was recorded direct into my interface and beefed up in the box with a bass amp simulator plugin. I always planned on going back and throwing some vocal harmonies in there, but to be real that'll probably never happen lol - On to the next one!  ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Hilary

Lovely - welcome back Kody!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ray Brookes

Cool production skills here on this track. Everything perfectly placed in the mix - love that bass sound - lovely laid back vocals too. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Great vocal love the laid back approach

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hardlock

Super fine song and great vocals! Lots went into this piece I see (& hear) and well worth the work!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure