Wild Flowers (by Flash Harry, Greeny, Ella & Redler)

Started by Redler, June 04, 2020, 08:06:03 AM

AndyR

WOW!

Two amazing songs from track.

This is a stunner too.

Love them both.

Further up the thread James is asking

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on June 04, 2020, 03:49:56 PMbraw brothers, did we hit on the same melody Tim?

I was wondering that when listening - I think that melody is hiding in Ella's vocal, it's certainly on the ending... and then it almost feels like it's hiding in the acoustic guitars.

Sometimes stuff just writes itself, it goes where it has to go, we just have to guide and coax it...

Whatever...

This is gorgeous.

Well done everyone, it's fab.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ella

This became beautiful and peaceful song. Is there some Irish vibe? Or is it Scottish? ;D Anyway, very beautiful. Mandolin fits so well and mix is great. I was just an instrument in Kari´s hands. 8) Kari is the creator, the wizard.   And no...we didn´t hurt birds. I think they liked it. :D

Redler

Thanks for the commenting!

I took some  slow motion video clips on my phone and uploaded it to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoIyZraYJ_w
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Guys... this was just what I needed. I am slightly hungover and not really feeling up for much today, but this has suddenly altered my mood. It's given me the will to carry on today!! So, so good. I saw that this collaboration was bubbling away a few days ago but haven't gotten round to listening till now.

I can't really add much more to what's been said. I concur with all the comments, it's just gorgeous. Only thing I might add is just to mention the production which is bloody marvellous. Fantastic.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

Everything fits just perfectly - I wanted to get mine to the graveside too but just couldn't get there . . .

I like the deliberate turn in the vocal phrase too Tim.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

launched

Really love this! It's a great track filled with excellent musicianship, but my favorite part is the collaborative skill set that was displayed here. The ability to jump in and help manifest what was already great into something fantastic is a fine achievement.

You guys are awesome!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

wow!  As a very energetic person I really need this kind of music to balance me out....bring me back into a good state...really fantastic....thank you...and this will be on my playlist...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Redler on June 06, 2020, 05:37:41 AMThanks for the commenting!

I took some  slow motion video clips on my phone and uploaded it to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoIyZraYJ_w

wow...the signal is so big....great work...and nice scenery...I shared on fb...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Frank53

So visual and expressive, even before seeing the video. The music is perfectly suited to the beautifully melancholy lyric. Just beautiful work by all involved.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Kenneth

All the years that this group has put in is paying off here, well done guys. A powerful song that can be extremely peaceful, brilliant.
I'm just going to so make it short, and say all of you did a fantastic job on this  one  and I'm glad I got a chance to hear it!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman