Chasing Shadows

Started by Mike_S, April 14, 2018, 01:02:08 PM

Mike_S

Chasing Shadows
Time:
0:00
Volume:
An instrumental from me. Been working on this for a few weeks now... haven't had a lot of time for music so every time i tried to try and play guitar for a fair amount of time i had i had to stop because my fingers got sore.

Anyway this is my first song done in earnest with the Harley Benton Les Paul I got last year. I had the frets and tuners improved by a guitar luthier as the guitar wasn't really playable from the factory.

It's a bit of a nod to Peter Green in style, in fact as I was getting into it I started getting the feeling it might be a bit of a rip off of one of Peter's tunes. If it is, it's not intentional. I am going to go to You Tube tonight with my headphones and a couple of cans of beer to see if it is... i hope it's not too close!!!

2 rhythm guitar tracks (same panned left and right) one a bit drier than the other
1 lead track
1 bass track programmed in garageband
1 drum track programmed in garageband

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Relaxing listening. The lead guitar sounds like a dream, I really like that tone!

Nice composition and so well played. I'm on the second listening. Fine job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nice one Mike, Brilliant guitar tone,
well done...

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Kenneth

Mike, you have put outsome beautiful guitar music, and this is another one. Congrats on this achievement, it's very well done.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

allysonmarie

Really beautiful! And soothing. Lately music that can have such an impact on my mood is a treasure to me.

Ferryman

Loving this one. Had it looping for a while and the smooth lead lines and great tones really come through so well. Very nice work.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Thats classy guitar work, got that Harley sounding great too, enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

pjd1

Superb recording and your style is incredble , i love this type of playing,  well thought out with a defined guitar track , your sound is Fabulous to say the least

Its a 10 from me brilliant

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Speed Demon

Drop-dead beautiful! Already on the iPad.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.