Chasing Shadows

Started by Mike_S, April 14, 2018, 01:02:08 PM

Beautiful sound, excellent playing makes this a winner for me.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

Side note: I've heard good things about the HB guitars, but it sounds like you had a bit of a mod to make it playable. Did you review it somewhere?

I'm really digging that easy gait. A nice, relaxed stroll that still has some grit and girth to it. Very enjoyable listen.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

kenny mac

Lovely tone there mate,it certainly sounds like a lost green track.
Excellent instrument,lovely playing.
We'll done.

Mike_S

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on May 19, 2018, 10:21:50 AMSide note: I've heard good things about the HB guitars, but it sounds like you had a bit of a mod to make it playable. Did you review it somewhere?

I'm really digging that easy gait. A nice, relaxed stroll that still has some grit and girth to it. Very enjoyable listen.

I saw a couple of reviews on uTube, mostly good and a few people on here had only good things to say about HB. My own opinion would be that they are bargain basement price for a reason. You do in a sense get what you pay for. Mine needed a good set up, it needed the frets finished off properly, (sharp edges, needed levelling and a few were not seated properly). Tuning pegs were awful. Bridge needed replacing. So where they save on price, for me anyway there was real evidence of where they cut back.

In saying this when you put it against a top end Gibson for example... it is still good value, but you could well need to spend the original price of the guitar again in order to make it play properly. If I was to go back in time I would more than likely pay a bit more (double maybe) in order to get a guitar with a higher chance of being finished properly.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

Very nicely done Mike! The HB is a sweet sounding guitar.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Super. Loved the purity of the melody. Lovely.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

lovely, reminds me more of Bill Nelson than Peter green tho. Bloody magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ella

Beautiful melody and excellent playing!

cuthbert

Beautifully constructed and played, Mike. Sounds like you've got that Harely Benton LP in the zone now.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

Bump.
Really enjoyed the way this was done, all the parts. The lead tone after the 2 minute mark gives me goosebumps!
Great job Mike!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman