Help please...

Started by The Reverend 48, March 25, 2009, 05:42:09 AM

The Reverend 48

I have also posted this in collaberation cos I'm desperate to do some stuff
"I am Trying to get my head around programming the drums but while I am trying
I am frustrated because I have so many projects I want to do involving guitars bass And even vox.......

So I would be eternally grateful if somebody could do me a drum track for 12 bar blues with intro fills etc.......
Thanks in anticipation "
Mike

Ted

Mike,

Check out these postings and threads:

"12 bar blues" may seem like a generic request, but I doubt you'll get any bites, not knowing the particulars of the song.

Alternatively, you could record the song structure over a metronome and post it here.  Then someone might bite at creating a drum arrangement.  Just make sure you provide the tempo.

Good luck.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

Quote from: forte8 on March 25, 2009, 05:42:09 AMSo I would be eternally grateful if somebody could do me a drum track for 12 bar blues with intro fills etc.......

The arrangement example on my website is a 12-bar blues. It's not very elaborate but it should be enough to get you started with programming your own.

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Tutorials/Arrangement_Example.html

The directions were written for the BR-864, BR-600 and BR-900CD but the arrangement uses only preset patterns which are identical on the Micro BR, so you shouldn't have any trouble entering the steps into your Micro BR.

Here's what the arrangement sounds like with a couple of guitars:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 25, 2009, 07:33:50 PM
Quote from: forte8 on March 25, 2009, 05:42:09 AMSo I would be eternally grateful if somebody could do me a drum track for 12 bar blues with intro fills etc.......

The arrangement example on my website is a 12-bar blues. It's not very elaborate but it should be enough to get you started with programming your own.

http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/Tutorials/Arrangement_Example.html

The directions were written for the BR-864, BR-600 and BR-900CD but the arrangement uses only preset patterns which are identical on the Micro BR, so you shouldn't have any trouble entering the steps into your Micro BR.

Here's what the arrangement sounds like with a couple of guitars:

Is that you playing that?! Holy cow... that's amazing!!!!!!  :)

The Reverend 48

You are right Tim that is one of the best bits of guitar work I have ever heard!...It's got a Steve Vai from the Film Crossroads Vibe......

Anyway spurred on by Ted's comments, I reluctantly left my guitar alone and spent the afternoon on BR Drum tuition with some success :D

I now have the 12bar drum arrangement down (yippee).......
I'm going thro it again today but hopefully I wont be pestering you guys about drums again ;D

You guys will laugh but the thing that was preventing me getting into this was keep trying to save the drum arrangement on its own not realising it is linked to a song (DOH).........

Thanks to all the guys who have taken the time to write the tutorials and answer all the questions on this 8)

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on March 26, 2009, 03:16:26 AMIs that you playing that?! Holy cow... that's amazing!!!!!!  :)

Quote from: forte8 on March 26, 2009, 04:27:09 AMYou are right Tim that is one of the best bits of guitar work I have ever heard!...It's got a Steve Vai from the Film Crossroads Vibe......

Thanks guys! I recorded that in August 2004 as a simple example of how to create a drum arrangement on the BR-864. It wasn't meant to be anything special and I didn't intend to spend a great deal of time on it. I recorded the rhythm track in one take, then I recorded a lead guitar track which was awful, although there were a few bits in it that I liked. So I recorded another take of the lead guitar, trying to incorporate the bits I liked while replacing the awful bits. This second take was a bit better but still pretty embarrassing. So I kept recording more takes (7 in total), refining the solo each time until I had something that I wasn't too embarrassed to post.

I suppose I could have used the BR's editing features to cut and paste the good bits to make a complete lead track, but that seemed like cheating and I thought it would be more rewarding to develop the lead guitar myself and be able to play it from start to finish in one go. This proved to be a good way of developing a lead guitar solo as I could go back and listen to each take to decide which bits were worth using and which weren't. Without the aid of the BR in this way, I think I would have come up with a completely different lead each time because I wouldn't be able to remember what I did in the previous attempts. Being able to listen to your initial attempts and separate the wheat from the chaff really helps in developing a lead solo. I recommend it to anyone who has trouble coming up with good lead solos. Put those v-tracks to use!

I used my Ibanez RS-525 for this (I didn't have the Godin xtSA yet) and one of the BR-864's preset effects patches, although I don't recall which one.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

glad you figured it out Forte8.
QuoteYou guys will laugh but the thing that was preventing me getting into this was keep trying to save the drum arrangement on its own not realising it is linked to a song (DOH)....
does this mean you can't just copy the ARRANGE3.BR1 file from one song to another (or post it here for that matter) ??

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........