Never Trust A Man With Egg On His Face - Adam & The ANTZ

Started by ODH, July 27, 2013, 10:54:09 AM

ODH

SuggestFest (banner image missing)

As suggested by Tangled Wires in the good old Suggestfest.

(Never Trust a Man) With Egg on His Face
ADAM & THE ANTZ cover
Time:
0:00
Volume:

A mixture of GarageBand and live guitars, recorded on the Zoom

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

never heard this one before, would have thought it a syd barrett song or suchlike. but i now consider it a nick-ODH song. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Very excited when I saw this posted, and have to say it is superb Nick and the high expectations I had have been exceeded here.

The moment the electric rhythm guitar kicked in halfway through the first verse after the acoustic intro got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up!

Vocal is just so spot on, and having had a go at singing it myself (not that I am much of a singer mind!) I know that the "She heard the voices from outer space" part was quite hard to get right, but you just nailed it completely.

Every part is beautifully played and the quality of the production makes it shine even more.

Thanks for covering this, you made my day and this will be played many more times this evening!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 27, 2013, 12:19:55 PMEvery part is beautifully played and the quality of the production makes it shine even more.

Thanks for covering this, you made my day and this will be played many more times this evening!

hear hear . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Excellent brother, I really enjoyed this one!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

I don't know the original, but this is super! I had a couple Adam & The Ants LPs as a youngster, and their style certainly comes through on this cover. Well done, and well-suggested!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

This was new to me as Wells, but wow, this is excellent!!

Not my normal cup of tea, but this realt cought me!!

Realt excellent work Nick!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

Thanks for the comments all, and thanks again to TangledWires for the suggestion.

It's not a song I would probably have thought to cover, but I'm glad I did. When I was driving back from the takeway with our Chinese on Friday "The Day I Met God" (also from Dirk Wears White Socks) came on my iPod shuffle and I was glad I didn't have to do that one - way harder (although does contain the great line "The day I met God I got so carried away - not with religion but the size of his knob").  Anyway, had a lot of fun just rocking out with those guitar parts as the song develops.

I did worry how it would turn out because I it's essentially a backer developed in GarageBand (drums, bass, the keyboard part in the 'outa space' part and a couple of guitar parts) with vocals and other guitars added subsequently.

I had hoped when I was recording to the Zoom that I could get each GB part as a separate track to get control over each.  But it proved impossible to get them in sync and I had to record the whole ugly mess as a stereo pair, then build the vocals and real guitars around it.  Quite happy with the result though.  Must say I am impressed with GarageBand, even if my scepticism isn't totally gone.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Nick_ODH on July 29, 2013, 05:29:11 AMWhen I was driving back from the takeway with our Chinese on Friday "The Day I Met God" (also from Dirk Wears White Socks) came on my iPod shuffle and I was glad I didn't have to do that one - way harder (although does contain the great line "The day I met God I got so carried away - not with religion but the size of his knob"). 

Yeah, as a 10 or 11 year old listening to that back in the day I used to turn it down on that bit when my parents were around!

The whole album is full of now very un-politically correct lyrics...happy days!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR