Powertrip'n (Cover Band)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, August 06, 2012, 11:51:20 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Hey all... figured I would post a link up of my old band Powertrip... Most of the songs on this juke were recorded at the Sitzmark at Aleyeska Ski resort in Girdwood AK...We were the house band for the Big Air Competition (Snow Machines). We had a sound guy that knew what the heck he was doing!!! About halfway through the night I noticed one of the microphone stands had gotten bumped and was way too close to the ride cymbal which wasn't his fault... Anyhow I thought I would share this with you guys. The bass player is also a member on SC (DaveO), He is pretty busy and doesn't get to stop in much... After hearing the recording we did of Brown Sugar I felt a little compelled to throw up a recording that had some flavour!!! I think a few of the songs on this Juke were done with the external mic on the MBR... You sould be able to tell the difference... I can't remember which ones were which though without listening back.... anyhow enjoy!!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7210759

See the sound man's site here... Jay
http://www.bassisgood.com/
recorder
Tascam DP-02

phantasm777

cool man, ive got some old band stuff from early 80's when i first took up guitar, had a 75 ibanez flying V. but i dont think it would fit here, as it was a long time ago.

64Guitars

Just listened to all 9 tracks and I'm impressed. You guys have a good, tight sound and the recording quality is excellent for a live gig. The only ones that sounded like they might be done with the BR's mic are the last two ("Say it Ain't So" and "Stranglehold/Stormtroppin' Medley"). How were the others recorded? Mixing desk into BR's Line In? Or was some other recorder used?

Other than "Fire" and "Sweet Home Alabama", I didn't recognize any of the songs. Are they all originals?

Who did the vocals? They're quite good.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 09, 2012, 11:48:04 PMcool man, ive got some old band stuff from early 80's when i first took up guitar, had a 75 ibanez flying V. but i dont think it would fit here, as it was a long time ago.

Why not mention it in your Introduce Yourself topic and include a link to the songs on your website? The purpose of that board is to tell people about yourself and your background, which can certainly include any bands you were in and links to the music if you have it hosted offsite (we'd rather that older recordings are not posted in the Post Your Work boards as those boards are for the current work of our members).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I am tearing at the bit to listen to some of those tunes. My bandwidth sucks right now and I have to use it wisely. "Say It Ain't So" - A Weezer cover? Love that one.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Man you guys are tight and rockaliciously awesome!!
Powertrip  Powertrip  Powertrip  Powertrip  Powertrip  Powertrip  Powertrip 

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 10, 2012, 01:40:11 PMJust listened to all 9 tracks and I'm impressed. You guys have a good, tight sound and the recording quality is excellent for a live gig. The only ones that sounded like they might be done with the BR's mic are the last two ("Say it Ain't So" and "Stranglehold/Stormtroppin' Medley"). How were the others recorded? Mixing desk into BR's Line In? Or was some other recorder used?

Other than "Fire" and "Sweet Home Alabama", I didn't recognize any of the songs. Are they all originals?

Who did the vocals? They're quite good.

64... I didn't get to look at his mixing booth very long... but I believe he was basically mixing down to a stereo pair and using some sort of Stand alone DAW... He had an entire rack of equipment.. and it was dark in the mixing booth so I couldn't begin to tell you make and model of anything... I searched around and found a link to his business... He's awesome for sure... His name is Jay. http://www.bassisgood.com/
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Flash Harry

Cool stuff and amazing quality.

Nice and tight and punchy.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 09, 2012, 11:48:04 PMcool man, ive got some old band stuff from early 80's when i first took up guitar, had a 75 ibanez flying V. but i dont think it would fit here, as it was a long time ago.
post a link in the introduce yourself post.

sounds fab todd.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Yeah you guys rocked!! Ive listened to 5 songs now. Sounds awesome Tod!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity