Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

chrisnickey64

recorder
Korg D1600mkII
www.goodtimeshow.com

ODH

Unfinished business fest. Finish a track than you started ages ago but never got around to finishing. Originals.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ted

Quote from: ODH on July 23, 2022, 03:53:13 PMUnfinished business fest. Finish a track than you started ages ago but never got around to finishing. Originals.

That's a deep well for me. Do you mean "started writing," "started recording," or either?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

ODH

Quote from: Ted on July 24, 2022, 01:48:32 AM
Quote from: ODH on July 23, 2022, 03:53:13 PMUnfinished business fest. Finish a track than you started ages ago but never got around to finishing. Originals.

That's a deep well for me. Do you mean "started writing," "started recording," or either?

For me it would be started recording - my originals tend to start with a backer. Most of my unfinished tracks are waiting on lyrics. But I guess either is fine.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

TPB

Do a cover that was released the year you were born
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

T.C. Elliott

Xerox - You can only do covers of covers. The idea being you try to do a version of a song that's not by the original artist. ie, make it recognizable as the second (or third etc.) band (while still putting your own stamp on it.)
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

kenny mac

E.L.O Fest
Songs by E.L.O from early years to present day.

Mike_S

Not sure if something like this has been done before...

An "In the Songcrafter Style Of..."

So creating an original track but in the style of a fellow songcrafter
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

"I've always meant to check them out" Fest

Covers of bands/artists you're not too familiar with, but have been intending to explore. Particularly bands that have a strong catalog and a fan base, but you've never made the effort. (For me it might be Radiohead, or one of several others.) It might be good discussion fodder, asking fans of a particular artist to recommend entry points to the artist's catalog.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

how about "Produced By" fest where you record all the tracks but have to give it over to another SC to mix and produce the outcome..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner