BLUESJAM.Mp3

Started by Mr. Scar, January 16, 2008, 01:40:10 AM

Mr. Scar

BLUESJAM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm getting such a kick out of this MicroBR. This blues jam was recorded using a pignose guitar straight into the guitar input. I never heard my guitar sound like this before. Crazy how it gets such wild sustain and the volume is so low, everyone is sleeping around me and no one is bothered. They way it sounds, you'd think some amp was blasting at 11!. My ears are loving the BR. And the BR rules on drums!

Pedro

Nice blues Mr.Scar, very well recorded jam. The guitars sound very good, indeed. Care to share what effect patch you used? The drums sound good as well.

That's what I also like about this thing, to able to jam around without waking someone up.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Mr. Scar

hmm, the guitar doing the "solo" is P05: Blues Dv. But, the rhythm guitar...I can't seem to get the info on that. I can't remember what it was. And when I click on TR1 (where it is located) and the "effects" button, it reads "P05: Blues Dv" and I'm sure it's not that.

I'm confused about effects not sure whats going on. Gotta read the manual.

The drummer is playing PT:008 ROCK2-V1

64Guitars

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 16, 2008, 12:16:36 PMhmm, the guitar doing the "solo" is P05: Blues Dv. But, the rhythm guitar...I can't seem to get the info on that. I can't remember what it was. And when I click on TR1 (where it is located) and the "effects" button, it reads "P05: Blues Dv" and I'm sure it's not that.

The BR only saves the currently selected effect for the song. It doesn't save the effect used on each track. Once a track is recorded, there's no way to determine which effect was used on it. So, it's a good idea to print out the Track Sheet from page 124 of the Micro BR manual and write in the instrument and effect for each v-track as you record them.

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 16, 2008, 12:16:36 PMThe drummer is playing PT:008 ROCK2-V1

Instead of using a preset pattern, you should create a simple drum arrangement. For example:

Step 1: Starting Meas. 1,  PT:008 ROCK2-V1
Step 2: Starting Meas. 60, PT:327 BREAK

This has several advantages over playing the preset pattern directly.

1) The preset pattern will keep playing until you press [STOP]. This makes it very difficult to record a proper ending for your song. The guitar, bass, vocals, etc. all stop, but the drums keep playing. But with an arrangement, setting the last step to BREAK effectively ends the drums. By adjusting the Starting Measure of this last step, you can control exactly where you want the drums to stop.

2) You can set the tempo of your arrangement in step 1 and the BR will remember it. With preset patterns, the tempo is not saved, so you have to reset it every time you load the song (unless you recorded at the default tempo).

3) Although the arrangement above only has two steps and is very easy to enter, it will teach you how easy it is to create more elaborate arrangements later with proper intros, fills, endings, and multiple patterns to improve your drum tracks even more.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

The effect patches are not stored in the tracks, they are a global or song variable. This means that if you use one effect for recording track 1 and then change the effect for recording track 2, the effect that is choosen will be the last one.

13STARZ+

Niiiccee tune, however i beg to differ on the quiet jamming issue.
it wouldnt be the first time that Mrs Starz has been woken up by my "quiet jamming"
mibbes im just too heavy handed lol ;)

would you mind if i stuck a bassline on top of it?

Mr. Scar

Dude, I'd be psyched if you laid some bass on it!

13STARZ+

BLUESJAM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here you go 1 bassline enhanced bluesjam :)

Scorpios

those pignose amps can be pretty cool, I think I read once Les Claypool used one direct for his bass in the early primus days.

13starz, what kind of bass did you use for that, active p-ups?

Mr. Scar

yo 13, that sounds cool! I'm going to do another blues jam,,,but this time i'll use a less busy rhythm guitar part....give you some more room to lay down some bass groove.

bravo!

mr. scar