Keepers of Redemption - hardlock original - hard rock?

Started by hardlock, June 01, 2010, 11:42:11 PM

Tony W

Not sure how I missed this. The guitar work is fantastic and I'm dying to have a go at the backer you posted.

I think the vox are pretty damn good. It's definitely cool to hear complete tunes like Bluesberry said.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mike

Congratulations on doing you own vocals.  I just never have the nerve for it.  You’ve pulled it off well here though.  Must be pretty satisfying.  Look forward to hearing more.

Mike

hardlock

Thanks everyone for the good words and tips! 

Mike, It is satisfying once you stop worrying and just do it.  You should try it, even it you one else will ever hear it, the practice builds confidence!  Once you can stand it, you won't care what others think.....  :P

Tony, I tried to figure out the key/chords for this for you and as I mentioned in the IM, couldn't find a name for one of the chords.  Here's a pic of the two (barred at the A sharp and G sharp frets however)

Anyone know what that second chord is?????  I couldn't find it anywhere!  Minor something I'm sure but what?  (maybe I've found the "lost chord")  ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

mike

I may just think about taking your advice here.  Like you say even if I'm the only one who hears it it would be good practice.

Cheers

Mike

64Guitars

Quote from: hardlock on July 08, 2010, 08:16:42 PMAnyone know what that second chord is?????  I couldn't find it anywhere!  Minor something I'm sure but what?  (maybe I've found the "lost chord")  ::)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Thanx for the bump Tony, almost missed this one too !

Great song and really great to hear your voice!! Sweet guitarplaying too.

The chord you posted a pic of is actually a powerchord version of A, where you play only the base-note (A) and the 5th (E), but from how it sounds I think 64G is right that it's an Asus2 (sometimes called Aadd9) you're playing. The A powerchord is sometimes notated as A(no 3rd) or A5
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on July 09, 2010, 06:45:40 AMThe chord you posted a pic of is actually a powerchord version of A, where you play only the base-note (A) and the 5th (E), but from how it sounds I think 64G is right that it's an Asus2 (sometimes called Aadd9) you're playing. The A powerchord is sometimes notated as A(no 3rd) or A5

If the B string is muted, then it is indeed a power chord since all of the notes played are either the root or the fifth. However, if the B string is played (open), that makes it an Asus2 (root, 2nd, 5th).

Although this chord is sometimes called Aadd9, I don't think that's technically correct. An add9 chord is a tetrad (four notes) consisting of the major triad (root, 3rd, 5th) plus the 9th. Since hardlock's chord lacks the 3rd, it would be an Asus2 (root, 2nd, 5th) rather than an Aadd9 (root, 3rd, 5th, 9th).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

I'm always wary of political content because i'm a bit of an ostrich, if I can't see it, it's not happening. But, if I do ever get to feel strongly about any issue then I'm going to get you to write the lyrics for me. Playing and vox are really good, i was told the other day not to put myself down regarding my voice, don't you do it either.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Ah... Thanks for that!  Actually I play the low open E also but I get the idea.  8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

djbride

Great rocking tune Ken.
I love the guitar work on this, cool licks between vocal lines.
I think your vox sound just fine Ken.
Lyrics are great.
Nice work

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend