"No Rules" - Now with orh Vocals!? (Will this never end?)

Started by Blooby, April 10, 2010, 01:56:01 PM

hardlock

Killer tune!  Got everything going for it.  Hurry and fix the drums so I can DL it into my MP3 player.  That's a keeper for sure!  Love it!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Redler

Great song, Blooby. I listened all versions. I like those gtr sounds a lot and the bass was also just top class! Well written tune!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I f*cking love the way you play guitar. Smooth and inventive, with beautifully-chosen and complimentary tones. This is so (predictably) good. It sounds perfect to me. It's a shame I have to work, because I'd love to mess around with some vocals for this right now.

Another Blooby masterclass!

djbride

I love the guitar work on this. Great tone and excellent lead licks. This would be great with some vocal. I really like the mix the way it is, the bass really stands out and all the guitar parts work well together.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Saijinn Maas

This is frickin badass! The remix is perfect I think. Other than the drums going out early, but still really good.

IMHO, I don't think this needs vocals at all. There is so much going on, vocals would just muddy it up. This is probably one of my favorites of your stuff that you've posted. It actually pretty inspiring!

I love it!

Ted

It sounds intentional when the drums drop out.  I'll take it as is.  Tasty stuff.

This song ends the same way, and it's one of my favorites:

Well, the album version does anyway.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

I'm finally putting this one to bed.  I have learned as much as I can from it. Here is the final (drums-fixed) version.  I am sooooo %ucking sick of hearing this as I have mixed and mastered it probably 25 times or so, eight of which have been transferred to the computer.

What have I learned?  Hmmm.  I learned that there is an art to compression, and I am a young student.  I have learned that it takes divine intervention for me to avoid muddy bass.  And I've learned that my maximum for mixing a tune is apparently 24 times before I scream.

Having said all that, the solo could possibly be louder.  Ahhhhhhh!

Thank you, all, for your comments.

If the player doesn't work, the download should.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

hardlock

Perfect!  Mix sounds fine to me!  Love where it opens up toward the end and the bass "gets his".  Sweet.  Next one just make it longer!  I wouldn't have gotten bored if it was twice as long!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

lg

I can't define it Blooby, sure wish I could, but your lead guitar sounds
so Jerry Garcia to me....Makes me want to break out my old Dead
Albums for a listen.
You rock Dude....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Ted

I'm downloading the new version, but I'm also keeping the original version.  I liked the version where the drums ended and the other instruments kept going.

This cycled through my iTunes on Friday, and I was again impressed with how flippin' good it is.  "Wait! What's this? Songcrafters?  Blooby? Damn."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac