"No Rules" - Now with orh Vocals!? (Will this never end?)

Started by Blooby, April 10, 2010, 01:56:01 PM

Blooby

This was fun to create as a laboratory for my experiments.  I went a little crazy with the bass playing but what the heck.  Hopefully, there's enough going on to hold your attention.

Peace.

Blooby

Original
Time:
0:00
Volume:

The final mix is on page two.

lg

The lead guitar work is so Jerry Garcia!
Before the lead came in, I thought it had kind of a Humble Pie
/Zappa sound to it....
The bass is also very good. I have always enjoyed dominate bass.
This composition was a fun listen, but in my opinion way to short.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

Sweet J that's good! I'll have to load this into the pickup to understand what you mean by too much bass. I don't hear it on the headphones.

Hopefully this will be something that you will be putting some vocals on!  ;)

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i love this, wish i was a fly on the wall in your laboratory
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

That cut-through guitar sure has a Zappa-vibe but there's some dead here too and certainly a hole lot of Blooby !!!

Love it !!

so much goiing on .. piePod ? absolutely !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Great sound ,love,in the guitar, gotta hear some vox on this just so good, really rock,in, loved it to the max.
recorder
Boss BR-80

OsCKilO

Smokin Hot Blooby Greatness!!!!!!!

Bad ass Bro!!!

Love it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

hooper

Yes, very West Coast late 60's... festival in the park.  Lot's of Garcia influence on that one guitar part. Nice jam and fine production! 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Blooby

Thanks, folks.

I can't stop dinkering with this one as I have remixed it about ten times.  I admit to this one growing on me, probably because of the various sounds tucked in here and there. I tried to tighten up the low end and pan for a clearer mix.

I assume the Garcia comments are because of the ultra-clean brief lead sections. I'd be interested to hear somebody chime in with some specifics on the Zappa reference because I don't hear it myself.  And trust me when I say I'd love to hear any possible similarity.

Peace and thanks again.

Blooby

Newest version below.  If the player doesn't work, the download should.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I'm looking for your harshest commentary on the specifics of the mix as I am trying to improve. Your comments on the subject are greatly appreciated.

*Edit - I just realized that the drums ended early vs. the original mix, and I haven't futzed with the programming.  Gremlins suck.

Tony W

I loved it. My only beef, and merely because I'm deaf in my left ear... I'm not a fan of panning instruments opposite of each other. If I were in my basement at a decent hour, I wouldn't have a problem picking out all the cool stuff you had panned left. Since it is late, I'm on the laptop, I have to keep flipping my cans just to appreciate how much you have going on.

I think this is a pretty useless comment though, as I'm one of the few here with this particular problem.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR