"No Rules" - Now with orh Vocals!? (Will this never end?)

Started by Blooby, April 10, 2010, 01:56:01 PM

Halem

Awesome song, i like how you improved it, it got more space and life.
Those aren't BR drums, right?

Greeny

Outstanding. New version downloaded and being enjoyed through my headphones right now!

Blooby

Quote from: Halem on April 19, 2010, 10:06:56 AMThose aren't BR drums, right?

They are from the BR-1600, but I experimented with compression to try and get them to pump a little bit.

Thanks again for the comments, folks.

Blooby

Ferryman_1957

Blooby, just got to this because you put me off by having so many things to listen to and making me download them! I just listened to the original and the final mix, have to say I think I much prefer the final mix - it's more open and precise, each of the instruments has more individual presence IMO. The main thing though is the playing - if this is an experiment, I'd love to visit your lab sometime. I love all the different guitar parts and the bass line is fabulous, elements of a real "guitaribassist" there. Superb playing, great production and overall a fab experience.

Learning about compression is a very good thing once you start to get a bit more advanced in production techniques.

Final bit of advice - do more stuff like this please!

Cheers,

Nigel

henwrench

Brilliant stuff, the guitar playing is from another place and so frickin' sleazy, love it.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

My sincerest apologies to orh!

He added vocals and lyrics to paint me as some sort of lunatic (Am I so transparent?). This was from the penultimate mix (where the drums cut out).  I failed to post this at the time.  Again, my apologies.

Again, thanks for the comments. The objectivity helps.

Blooby

Time:
0:00
Volume:

launched

Holy sweet mother of Moses floating down the river in a walnut shell this is great!!!

I didn't get the subsequent mixes until now - Going with the last one. Super cool guitar and bass, whatever you did it worked.

I really liked Jim's vocal part, too.

Very nice!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Dmann

Sounds awesome. you can tell a lot of effort went into this one :)

Ted

I like the instrumental version a lot.  ORH makes it a different song, also very good.  I like how he kept the vocals minimalist.  A master of understatement, he is.

So....

I know you're sick of it.

I just have one little suggestion.

If it's not too much trouble.

More cowbell.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

henwrench

oh yea, Jim'll Fix It For ya!! Great track now turned into a Great song. Greeny is so right, my Best of Songcrafters folder is fillin' up nicely...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR