Favourite music gear (other than your BR)

Started by Flash Harry, August 21, 2009, 09:59:04 AM

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Davo on September 09, 2009, 12:21:45 AMSaijinn Maas Ive got a GT-8 you need a college degree to take advantage of all it can do.

Yesterday I managed to snag a SIB MR. Echo delay and an MXR Distortion+ (which is actually more an OD)-tommorow I get to crank em!

I almost picked up the GT-10. But it looked like it could do WAY more than I would ever use, so I went with this. It does everything I need ;)

that delay should be pretty cool. I heard that distortion is badass. I know a few guys that swear by it.

I love days when you get to crank it!!!  ;D

Davo

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on September 09, 2009, 01:01:32 AM
Quote from: Davo on September 09, 2009, 12:21:45 AMSaijinn Maas Ive got a GT-8 you need a college degree to take advantage of all it can do.

Yesterday I managed to snag a SIB MR. Echo delay and an MXR Distortion+ (which is actually more an OD)-tommorow I get to crank em!

I almost picked up the GT-10. But it looked like it could do WAY more than I would ever use, so I went with this. It does everything I need ;)

that delay should be pretty cool. I heard that distortion is badass. I know a few guys that swear by it.

I love days when you get to crank it!!!  ;D
Tommorow Im crankin in stereo baby!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cuthbert

Quote from: Davo on September 09, 2009, 12:19:21 AMCuthbert I really dig those things.  Im thinking about ordering one but Id like to hear what a musician can do with it.  Is there any kind of line out on it?

Got any clips?

Hi Davo...yes indeed, it's got a line out jack (1/8") as well as an input jack to modulate the pitch. I've only begun playing around with it, but it's got some tweakability, especially when you throw some effects on it.

I'll try to post a few samples soon.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Davo

cuthbert cant wait.  Seems like a cool "mircro synth".
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Migs

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on September 08, 2009, 11:18:20 AMPersonally, I don't really use too many gadgets.

If I had to pick something, I guess it would be this:

Boss ME-70

You should be able to grab a ME50 pretty cheaply these days.  They are in runoff.  I think the only extra thing I wanted on the 50 that the ME70 has is the looping but that didn't justify the extra $$$$$$$

Tis a nice toy tho.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Tony W

I hate to admit it, but I am Bluesberry II. two weeks ago I bought a Line 6 POD X3 Live. I got tired of hearing how much time I spent in the basement, so I bought a used set of Tama drums for my girlfriend. Now she wants to come down with me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Migs on September 09, 2009, 09:47:47 PMYou should be able to grab a ME50 pretty cheaply these days.  They are in runoff.  I think the only extra thing I wanted on the 50 that the ME70 has is the looping but that didn't justify the extra $$$$$$$

Tis a nice toy tho.

There were two reasons I didn't go with the ME50.
1. I noticed a slight delay when switching anything on the pedals. very slight, but very noticeable when doing in while in time with a song.
2. The 50 has only three pedals. The 70 gained the compression switch which actually adds more than just compression. Plus the looper was a plus.

Although the 50 had more amp and distortion models, I thought the 70's "harder" distortions sounded better.

Hard to find a 50 used around here. And I kept getting out bid on ebay. :/
And since a new 50 is only $50 cheaper than the 70, I didn't have a problem forking over the dough for it. :)

Migs

Yeah, the delay is a problem for live switching.  Just long enough to be noticable.

When I picked up my 50 it was something like $150 cheaper than the 70 ... and that is a lot of beer.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

Quote from: Tony W on September 09, 2009, 10:02:25 PMI hate to admit it, but I am Bluesberry II. two weeks ago I bought a Line 6 POD X3 Live. I got tired of hearing how much time I spent in the basement, so I bought a used set of Tama drums for my girlfriend. Now she wants to come down with me.
HaHaHa thats funny, you just can't have enough musical gear, period.  I just went out and bought an electric piano (Korg SP250) for the boy (7 years old) to start taking piano lessons, of course I have been playing it like madman since getting it home last night.  You just cant have too much musical gear.  Because it was for my son I was able to justify it, but it is going to be safely located in my music room where I can get at it whenever I need.  Time for some piano lessons for myself!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 10, 2009, 12:11:18 PM
Quote from: Tony W on September 09, 2009, 10:02:25 PMI hate to admit it, but I am Bluesberry II. two weeks ago I bought a Line 6 POD X3 Live. I got tired of hearing how much time I spent in the basement, so I bought a used set of Tama drums for my girlfriend. Now she wants to come down with me.
HaHaHa thats funny, you just can't have enough musical gear, period.  I just went out and bought an electric piano (Korg SP250) for the boy (7 years old) to start taking piano lessons, of course I have been playing it like madman since getting it home last night.  You just cant have too much musical gear.  Because it was for my son I was able to justify it, but it is going to be safely located in my music room where I can get at it whenever I need.  Time for some piano lessons for myself!!!!!

Dave, sounds like the Prog has finally latched onto you and will not let go! Your keys skills sound great now. I can only imagine what a few lessons would do for you.

I took some piano lessons as a kid and hated it - If I had only known better. Your son will probably do well because he knows someday that he will get to play with his Dad!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover