Favourite music gear (other than your BR)

Started by Flash Harry, August 21, 2009, 09:59:04 AM

Bluesberry

The Kaossilator led to the SH-201 synth which led to the digital piano...I am loving the keys thing right now big time.  I play a lick on my guitar and then try to play it on the piano or synth, kinda cool sounding.  I have wanted to play piano (and organ and synth) my whole life, no time like the present to get started.  My music room (spare bedroom) is filling up.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 10, 2009, 01:40:45 PMThe Kaossilator led to the SH-201 synth which led to the digital piano...I am loving the keys thing right now big time.  I play a lick on my guitar and then try to play it on the piano or synth, kinda cool sounding.  I have wanted to play piano (and organ and synth) my whole life, no time like the present to get started.  My music room (spare bedroom) is filling up.
One more GAS attack, and the wife will probably move you to the garage anyway, so it's not a loss!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Tony W on September 10, 2009, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: Bluesberry on September 10, 2009, 01:40:45 PMThe Kaossilator led to the SH-201 synth which led to the digital piano...I am loving the keys thing right now big time.  I play a lick on my guitar and then try to play it on the piano or synth, kinda cool sounding.  I have wanted to play piano (and organ and synth) my whole life, no time like the present to get started.  My music room (spare bedroom) is filling up.
One more GAS attack, and the wife will probably move you to the garage anyway, so it's not a loss!

MY wife told me something similar... Except it was that I would be sleeping on the couch. I told her, "That's okay... it's closer to my gear!"  ;D

Doctor said my black eye should go away in a couple of weeks...

Tony W

I keep thinking about the "home studio" thread. I had an acoustic, an electric, an amp, and of course the micro BR.

Additions since:
Fender 60's classic player (mexican)
Roland MicroCube... 20 hours on batteries, and it sounds bigger than it is.
Line6 Pod X3 Live - definitely the favorite
Used Tama drums
Shure sm57 mic and stand
7 guitar rack... It will fill up quicker than my gun safe
A glass slide which I love tinkering with, can't wait to learn how to use it.

I have a lot of years worth of catching up to do.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

i like playing keys(piano) too-good writing tool-puts a different sound in the mix too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: guitarron on September 11, 2009, 04:37:50 AM

i like playing keys(piano) too-good writing tool-puts a different sound in the mix too
I am just starting to understand the "good writing tool" aspect of piano.  But man it is a different headspace than writing on guitar.  I guess that is why it is good, gets at different kinds of songs, different moods than strumming on a guitar.  Its all good, whatever gets one writing songs and playing music is good.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

ACSTGAKN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Davo on September 09, 2009, 12:19:21 AMCuthbert I really dig those things.  Im thinking about ordering one but Id like to hear what a musician can do with it.  Is there any kind of line out on it?

Got any clips?

Hi Davo - it does have a line out, and here are some clips (& sorry to be late with them...seems to be my modus lately).

I spent a little time recording some other more engineering-oriented types of clips from the Gakken, but I figgered you were probably looking for some clips of the synth mixed with other instruments. Just let me know if you want to hear the more raw snippets, and I can send them to you.

The first clip is the Gakken phased and sandwiched between double-tracked acoustic guitar.

The second clip is the Gakken echoed playing along to a modded synth patch and a stereo pad patch. You may want to turn your system audio down for this one (it's not too bad...just giving fair warning  :) ).

Enjoy,
cuth

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

And after viewing my post...

Sorry for the sh*tsy formatting, folks...there was no preview of the attachments before posting. :(
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Davo

Cuthbert thanks for posting this!  There are some real musical possibilities with this thing-I think Im gonna have to pick one up.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bluesberry

Thats a real cool little synth there Cuthbert.  Dont forget to run to through guitar effects like chorus, phaser, wah pedal, whatever you have, or through guitar effects on the microBR to get more modulation to the sound.  I like the way that sounds, its a real analog synth, cool stuff.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand