"Patience" by The Void

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 27, 2009, 08:07:54 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Ron, I appreciate the words! ;D  Let me say that, unlike my other stuff, this is definitely not a final mix!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

WOW !!!!

Bosko, this is really amasing and proves your talent as a musician and produser so well !!! You don't need hundreds of hours to get what most of us can only dream of !!! (Still love the SL songs, don't worry, your time on them were not wasted!!)

I really hope the 1:10 ratio don't scare you from posting more of this stuff (I couldn't post much if that worried me!!)

Love your music Bosko, and tho' you didn't write this, your signature is all over it !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Just found this and loved it. Sounds like a less prog and more ambient Stan Laurels to me! Great mood creating piece, the piano and vox work very well together. When the tempo changes and breaks down a bit it gets a bit more like the signature Stan Laurels sound but it's just a bit different in the overall feel. It's a really "up" piece of music, I think the chord progressions on the piano create a really strong emotional feel and there is a dreamy quality about the overall mix.

Sounds pretty good to me. I can't hear much guitar (is it in the left hand channel?) but the overall feel is great. Like Flash, I love your drumming and the way you record it. Just love the sound and the rolls across the stereo image.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Geir!  I always appreciate your comments! ;D  It's good to know my time wasn't wasted on TSL, but as you said, I now know I can bang out a quick one every once in a while too.  Not every mix has to take days & hours!

Thanks, Nigel!! ;D  True, definitely not very "proggy," this one.  It's so weird that everyone thinks this song sounds "up!"  As I said to BB, I think of this one as a pretty dark and minor tune.  Yes, guitar is in the left channel and mixed pretty low since it was one take and there were some flaws.  Thanks! ;D

indierik

I don't what to say other than, rock on! I am a fan of this one as well! This reminds me a little of Grandaddy, actually, The Void reminds me a little Grandaddy in general. I hope that comes off as a compliment because it's meant to one. I saw them live once and I wasn't impressed, but I do like their music. However, I like yours much more. 
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: indierik on August 10, 2009, 02:18:34 AMI don't what to say other than, rock on! I am a fan of this one as well! This reminds me a little of Grandaddy, actually, The Void reminds me a little Grandaddy in general. I hope that comes off as a compliment because it's meant to one. I saw them live once and I wasn't impressed, but I do like their music. However, I like yours much more. 

Thanks, Erik! ;D  A lot of people have compared my stuff to Grandaddy recently, and I hate to admit that I have never heard them.  Heard of them, but never heard them.  So they are pretty good?

Quote from: lg on August 10, 2009, 09:29:45 AMThis is Huge!

LG

Thanks, LG!  Life is Good! ;D

Rolow

An interesting and well concieved tune.  Thanks for letting us in a little on the process.  The lower register vox still sounds great, your vox is always excellant. ;D

I have drummed with bands in the past, and found I didn't care for a continuous bit with the crash cymbals.  It becomes intrusive.

Still, like the song a lot! ;D
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Rolow! :)

I agree about the crash; it can be intrusive, but I guess I ran out of different ways to play.  Switching between the hi-hat and ride only gives so much variety, and sometimes you want "one louder."  Riding the crash basically "goes to eleven." ;D

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy