'The Right Thing to Do' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 09, 2009, 05:20:47 PM

lg

This is my 2nd favorite of yours Tim.
Is that Lucy I hear singing with you?
Awesome track!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Frank53

Great tune, Tim! Thought provoking, for sure. Excellent performance and recording. Love the trem on the guitar, and the vocal arrangement. Nice work.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Flash Harry

Lol! Bleeding fingers!

Not enough bleedin' time! I'll have to listen to this later, I've left my headphones at home.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 10, 2009, 09:36:10 AMLol! Bleeding fingers!

Not enough bleedin' time! I'll have to listen to this later, I've left my headphones at home.

Silly......!

On your Bike! Lol
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SteveB

GNY- First of all I hope your friend garners sufficient encouragement from this song to overcome his travails - when you have pillars to lean on such as this, then I doubt he can come to much harm.

Now an admission: When I first got here a few weeks ago, I heard your song Lapis Luzuli, and thought, oh, sh*t, this is the big league. And then I saw your name mentioned over and over again in hushed tones of reverence, and I began to get suspicious, and thought, is this 'The Man' come among us in disguise? (I'm sure you'd harbour similar thoughts of worry in a Novices capacity), I was determined not to become an acolyte. Now I've listed to this song 4 times on the trot, and I'm a convert and your slave forever.

I reiterate: How this Forum has gone unnoticed by the sniffers of A&R is beyond me. BB has started a pertinent thread: Isn't this Forum Bursting with talent etc. It is, and you, Sir, are possibly its ceremonial figurehead, though perhaps by your own account - Primus Inter Pares (First among equals). Long may it be so.  :)

A weakness in the track? I think you could lose one of the treble guitars, that's a BIG mix. A little more space for each possibly. Whatever. I've downloaded it straight into my BR-MP3 folder. And I will now limit myself to one GNY song per day, so that I don't overdose. A marvellous conception all round.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

absolutely brilliant tim, i am lost for words, this is one of my favourites after just one  listen. how do you do it, do you ever sleep? i am in awe.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Brilliant Tim. It's a great song. You're running on all 8 mojo cylinders.

Tharek - too much red last night, I used my car to get to the station this morning. First time in three months. I'm distraught.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

The Reverend 48

I don't know how you do it Tim...Its another beautiful song...I feel I have known it all my life!!

OsCKilO

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 11, 2009, 02:45:59 AMTharek - too much red last night, I used my car to get to the station this morning. First time in three months. I'm distraught.

Once you get of that bike it's a slippery slope.......

Look.... It started that way for this guy.....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Quote from: SteveB on July 11, 2009, 01:18:02 AMNow an admission: When I first got here a few weeks ago, I heard your song Lapis Luzuli, and thought, oh, sh*t, this is the big league. And then I saw your name mentioned over and over again in hushed tones of reverence, and I began to get suspicious, and thought, is this 'The Man' come among us in disguise?
Ha Ha, thats great Steve.  Hushed tones and all.  It would seem like we have a superstar among us little people sometimes.  I felt this way when I first came on here and encountered Greeny songs (he was called LesPaulGoldTop in those days, try saying that one in thread after thread).  I was over the top in praise, I am trying to control myself a little more these days  ;) , but your post reminded me of how I reacted to those Greeny songs I heard for the first time.  Damn fine song Greeny, I like that guitar solo, you are getting more ambitious and expressive with guitar solos all the time!   What can one say other than BRAVO!!!!! And don't forget about us when you make your first of many acceptance speeches at the Brit Awards.  You are one damn fine songwriter.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand