'The Right Thing to Do' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 09, 2009, 05:20:47 PM

Diego Ayala

Quote from: SteveB on July 11, 2009, 01:18:02 AMGNY- First of all I hope your friend garners sufficient encouragement from this song to overcome his travails - when you have pillars to lean on such as this, then I doubt he can come to much harm.

A weakness in the track? I think you could lose one of the treble guitars, that's a BIG mix. A little more space for each possibly. Whatever. I've downloaded it straight into my BR-MP3 folder. And I will now limit myself to one GNY song per day, so that I don't overdose. A marvellous conception all round.

SB

Excellent song!  The only problem I had, which it is actualy my ears - is that I agree w/ SteveB with the treble - kept getting me distracted from the lyrics -- will download it and run it via my stereo => Thanks Greeny!

knniggits

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

hooper

This is great, Tim.  Your craft just keeps getting better and better.  I like the way the song gives the listener another little melodic surprise as it moves from the A part to the B part to the C part.  Great playing and singing.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

guitarron

i know i already commented on this Tim but i have to say-this is a really powerful song-

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

What they said .. fantastic song and performance.

Ferryman

Still catching up here so apols for the late comment. But worth saving this one up because it is realy, really good. I think one of your very best solo efforts. Three things that stand out for me:

1. It's a really catchy song, great chord sequences and melodies throughout and really clever change to the "it's a democracy" part in particular.
2. The arrangement is a bit more complex than you usually undertake and it's worked really well - the guitars and strings all work well together.
3. The production is top notch. It sounds great on the Sennheisers but also very good on my crappy speakers. You are really maturing in this area as well.

Just love this one. It may have knocked "Who's The Dummy Now" off its perch as my fave of yours.

I think I know the person you wrote this about and that makes the song even stronger in the way it grabs me. Great way of showing your support and respect for that person.

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI think I know the person you wrote this about and that makes the song even stronger in the way it grabs me. Great way of showing your support and respect for that person.
i second that nigel.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Sweeeet!

Please don't think me rude for not typing out my usually lengthy review -- don't have much time at the moment -- just wanted to let you know I listened and loved it, as always! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

OsCKilO

This Is A Great Track Tim.....

The message has helped me as of late....

Stand up and do the right thing......

Not easy.....

But It might be worth it......

Awesome song...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

dragonshade

Greeny, great big, full sound. I haven't been on in awhile, and it's so nice to come back to a GREAT new Greeny song. As always fantastic vocals!