'The Right Thing to Do' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 09, 2009, 05:20:47 PM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_what would you do_128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is 6 tracks-worth, all on the BR (12-string, Telecaster, Bass, Strings, Hofner semi, and various vocals).

The subject is different to my usual stuff...

It's about a man who is standing up for what he believes in, even though it would be easier not to. It asks us whether we'd be brave enough to do the same. This isn't made up - it's a real person I know with a real fight on their hands. So this is part tribute, part musical support  :)

SE

I can now tell your style right away another great track.
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

I'm lovin' this one - Tons of good things happening. Excellent solo!! It also sounds like you have a different vocalist for some background - Love that stuff.

An Alice in Chains acoustic style - you definitely have me there!!!

Back to listening - I might want to comment some more :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Great track, and all of the instruments just blend so well together and the vocal melody and harmonies just flow so well.

As Side Effect said, your style is instantly recognisable.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I really liked the lyrics.  Great job!!.  Of course your vocals are always great. And your playing. But the lyrics stand out.

OsCKilO

I Love the track Tim!

Wicked message!

Must be a hard choice to make.......

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

Tim this is  absolutely fantastic-i really dig this
i think might be my favorite of yours
i'm in awe your ability-makes me want to work at more

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

Oh yes , Oh yes , give me more , what a song , definately your best yet tim , absolutely fabulous , i love the way it fill's the whole space within the soundscape , powerfull production , very , very good , almost psychodelic at times , this is very Beatles , WONDERFULL Tim

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

This is a great song in so many ways (on my 3rd listen now). Lyrics, melody, arrangement and performance all brilliant!!! So much going on (can't believe it's only 6 tracks ! You make it sound so BIG) ... ahh love this song .... one more spin :) ... Flash Harry should be worried, there's some great bass-work here as well (ok, not in his league but still ... )!!

Oh and the production on this is SUPER, your absolutely best imho !

cheers Tim
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Geir on July 10, 2009, 05:05:56 AMThis is a great song in so many ways (on my 3rd listen now). Lyrics, melody, arrangement and performance all brilliant!!! So much going on (can't believe it's only 6 tracks ! You make it sound so BIG) ... ahh love this song .... one more spin :) ... Flash Harry should be worried, there's some great bass-work here as well (ok, not in his league but still ... )!!

Oh and the production on this is SUPER, your absolutely best imho !

cheers Tim

I took the plunge and did the bass myself on this - not to replace Flash in any way (which is impossible..!), but because he's already got another two solo tracks and three new Kite songs stacked up on his plate! It'll be 'bleeding fingers' time again if I don't show some consideration!!!!