I'll Find My Way Home - by 64Guitars & Oldrottenhead

Started by 64Guitars, February 27, 2010, 09:16:52 PM

Gritter

Quote from: Greeny on March 12, 2010, 09:16:43 AMWhat a beautiful job. I had mixed feelings about the original (and Jon Anderson's vocal style generally), so I can say that I easily prefer this version! It lets the simple beauty of the song shine through. Just great work all round. Lovely, lovely, lovely. It's got a strange emotional draw. I feel a bit emotional now. But maybe that's just a week of too much work and very little sleep, and being dragged away from home by work.

ditto...never heard the original but Jon Anderson's vocals make me cringe (much like Peter Citera :P)

This is a really good colab, lot's of cool things going on and Jim's voice brings this home. (pun intended)

Rolow

Quote from: Satchwood on February 28, 2010, 09:34:23 AMThanks 64G for your in-depth explanation on your recording wizardry

Ditto that.  You have inspired me 64G, to take a closer look at Audacity as a companion for the BR600. 

Thanks too for providing the original so I can say not only that you have done a great song here but a great cover as well.

This is a beautiful, sweeping, uplifting song all the way through.  You did a wonderful job of orchestrating all the parts with fine tonal quality, balance, and fullness.  Jim, yee've shure got a high roof to yurr mouth. ;D
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

s.w.goatlips

I missed this one. (holiday). Great job. I really like all the little percussive bits. To see so many people saying they never heard it before has really made me feel my age! I didn't realise just how long ago it was. Anyways, well done folks.
Frustration is my middle name.

bannybassman

Nice one guys, I don't know the original, but this was beautiful
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"

Pipes

Always liked the pairing of Jon And Vangelis (I'm familiar with the original)..I must say you pulled it off very nicely..great idea with the backing high vox..works a treat:))

Nick

lg

Im in awe at the incredible collab you guys did with this.
This is no easy song to cover!
And you both did a fab job of it....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

pjd1

Remember the original is just a good if not better 1981 cant believe its that long ago superb collab lads !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

jackofall

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

henwrench

Bump

Great track, missed it first time around. Didn't think I knew it, but I did!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

This is fantastic, thanks for the bump! I know I heard it, but I see that I didn't leave it a proper comment.

The instrumentals were so delicately put together. Fantastic work 64, and as usual, great vox Jim.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR