I'll Find My Way Home - by 64Guitars & Oldrottenhead

Started by 64Guitars, February 27, 2010, 09:16:52 PM

launched

Beautiful song - On my second listen. I hadn't heard the original before, but I like this version better as well.

I'll have to say that when you do show your musical side it's all business - High quality and well put together with great playing. Incredible job isolating all the instruments. Lots of things going on, but you can hear everything. Overall, a fantastic production.

I like the vocal additions, Jim - You da man as usual.

Excellent tune!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mach

Yes I know this one and WOW guys this is really top notch. Great vox and awesome mix
What a gem...great work!
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Not familiar with this song either...

But you guys did a phenomenal job on this. The tracking of the music is perfect, and ORH... Great great job on the vox. The harmonies were right on. You have what a lot of singers lack... feeling!

Great collab guys!

little_chick

Wow!  Great work!  The little details were really awesome! 

recorder
Boss Micro BR

fenderbender

this is as good if not better than the original --
well down -ORH -jaaaz -you have some range in your voice - 8) 8)

great backing 64
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Thanks for the comments everyone. Much appreciated.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Greeny

What a beautiful job. I had mixed feelings about the original (and Jon Anderson's vocal style generally), so I can say that I easily prefer this version! It lets the simple beauty of the song shine through. Just great work all round. Lovely, lovely, lovely. It's got a strange emotional draw. I feel a bit emotional now. But maybe that's just a week of too much work and very little sleep, and being dragged away from home by work.

Flash Harry

I know this song so well. It was the first CD I bought when I bought my first CD player. I used to perch my then tiny daughter on my hip and dance her squealing  with delight round the room. It holds many powerful memories for me.

I love this version too. It's a daunting task to attempt to pull off a monster track like this one, both instrumentally and vocally, but you have both succeeded in making this work so well. It's a fantastic unplugged version and I love it.

PiePod for sure.

Nice one guys.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i'm gonna stick this in my mums mother's day card this sunday. i can hear her now "no bad james, but yer no jon anderson ur ye son"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Wow, I missed this. It's fantastic. 64, the level of detail you put into this is amazing. This was a pleasure to hear.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR