The commuter- J. Messersmith cover

Started by Kenneth, November 08, 2010, 01:08:43 PM

Kenneth

I love this artist!

You can find him here, I destroyed another one of his songs! Dont judge his music on my version! lol  ;D

http://www.jeremymessersmith.com/

Anyhow, apoligies for the out of tune vocals, I always have a hard time singing, and this is very high for me to sing comfortably.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen, criticisms and advice accepted humbly!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

Damn fine Ken.  You sound like a young Neil Young here, I like it.  Great recording.  I have no criticism here, I think it sounds damn near perfect to me. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

this is wonderful ken, nothing wrong with your vocals here, i love that strange guitar (i think thats what it is) in the backgropund, this is otherworldly beautiful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 08, 2010, 01:50:54 PMi love that strange guitar (i think thats what it is) in the backgropund
Yes, that is fantastic, made me think of a great bird swooping down on the singer from time to time.  Jim is right,  absolutely nothing wrong with your vocals here, not out of tune at all, very in the zone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Just love this sound, don,t know the song, but this sounds so good to me love,in it. Your vox are excellent, will be back for more listens magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Tony W

Beautifully done Ken. Very good song to cover, and you sound fantastic on it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Sounds great to me Ken!   Cool and interesting mix and guitar panning; i think you vocals fit this perfectly!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Groundy

No way did you destroy this Ken, spot on my friend......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Beautiful indeed !!!

Great arrangement and production. Stellar performance.

Straight to my Kenneth folder !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........