BR-800 driver problems--anyone help

Started by Facemask93, October 22, 2010, 04:34:07 PM

64Guitars

The description of accessing the "Light Load icon" from Roland Tech Support is incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading. According to the Readme document from the BR-800 DVD, "Light Load" is a checkbox (not an icon) in the BR-800 driver settings. Here's the procedure from the Readme:

To change or verify settings

1. When changing driver settings, always make sure to first quit all applications using the BR-800. This is unnecessary when only checking the settings.
   2. Open "Control Panel," click "Additional Options," and then click "BR-800."
      *   If you're using the Classic View, double-click "BR-800."
   3. The "BR-800 Driver Settings" dialog box will appear.
   4. To modify the settings, make the changes and click [OK]. To simply check the settings, be sure to click [Cancel] after viewing the settings.

And here's what the Readme says about "Light Load":

The "Light Load" check box
    Normally, you should leave this check box cleared.
    *   The modified setting will take effect after you turn the power of the BR-800 on/off.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

#gpmproject

I had same driver problem. 2 days ago I've upgraded my S**T VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM to WIN 7 and problem is sorted..for now..  ;D

pjd1

Just missed this thread but most of my concerns with the drivers and cubase le were all sorted when i give my laptop to a friend of mine who i think reloaded Vista !! i know use a stand alone computer with xp, and a dell with windows 7 on, no probs with any of them, bit frustrating to say the least but its up and running and most of all working !!

Dunny 
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI thought you knew that Jim , but get this , my Dads name is Rob Roy Ramsey Burns

Robert Burns
i probably did but my memory is like a sieve.  R.R.R.R. now that is cool all those rolling r's, i presume you have some scottish heritage then.

will let you get back on topic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

I definately think Windows 7 is my next step , that is unless i can get my hands on to a Apple mac , dont think i've heard of anyone having probs with 7

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ferryman_1957

I use Windows 7 on my home PC and XP on my work laptop, had both connected to the BR 800 with no issues. Vista could be part of the problem. One thing I read in the manual was that you had to use the same USB port you had connected when you installed the drivers, so that's one thing to watch if you have multiple USB ports.

Chers,

Nigel

#gpmproject

Quote from: facemask93 on October 26, 2010, 10:27:01 AMI definately think Windows 7 is my next step , that is unless i can get my hands on to a Apple mac , dont think i've heard of anyone having probs with 7

Rob
good choice..win 7 is much better...it's really hard to believe how much faster is my PC now...If you'll be upgrading from vista to 7 all your settings and files will be same like before..easy..setup takes about 3,5 hours...

Facemask93

QuoteOne thing I read in the manual was that you had to use the same USB port you had connected when you installed the drivers, so that's one thing to watch if you have multiple USB ports.
I've recently tried to use a USB hub , because i have so many things i need to attach to my computer , but i did find that the BR-800 would not work when plugged into it , but i might have plugged it back into another port
Quotegood choice..win 7 is much better...it's really hard to believe how much faster is my PC now...If you'll be upgrading from vista to 7 all your settings and files will be same like before..easy..setup takes about 3,5 hours...

Lubo , how much did the upgrade cost you

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

#gpmproject

Quote from: facemask93 on October 27, 2010, 12:06:15 PM
QuoteOne thing I read in the manual was that you had to use the same USB port you had connected when you installed the drivers, so that's one thing to watch if you have multiple USB ports.
I've recently tried to use a USB hub , because i have so many things i need to attach to my computer , but i did find that the BR-800 would not work when plugged into it , but i might have plugged it back into another port
Quotegood choice..win 7 is much better...it's really hard to believe how much faster is my PC now...If you'll be upgrading from vista to 7 all your settings and files will be same like before..easy..setup takes about 3,5 hours...

Lubo , how much did the upgrade cost you

Rob
Hi Rob..

it costs me about £95, I bought full WIN 7 home premium in CURRYS STORE. also you can get just upgrade DVD is about £10 less than full version..so it's up to you, in my opinion full version is better.

If you don't using your PC for business you don't need professional or ultimate versions both are more expensive...

and as I said - really easy to set up..just before installing you should switch of all microsoft services, because sometimes is hard to pass first step - online compatibility checking:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistamigration/thread/80a6e65a-620f-4d21-a3df-907b548917bc

and after that just keep it running...

Daviram

Hello. I'm new here.
I have the Boss BR-800 and am having problems with drivers for Windows 7.
As an audio interface operates normally. However, the wave converter functions and the backup does not respond.
Sometimes it connects and shows the corresponding unit, but generally gives error.
In addition, sometimes the windows says the file structure of the card is incorrect and asks if I want to correct.
I swapped the cards and the problem persists.
I tested a computer with Windows XP and Linux (Ubuntu), and there usually works.
I've tested procedures that have been posted here for Windows Vista, but to no avail.
The problem seems to be the driver of Windows 7.
Anyone know any tips or solution to this problem?

Thanks.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom R24