ComedyFest - wurdz

Started by 64Guitars, October 17, 2010, 05:36:50 PM

64Guitars

I think the lyrics are the most important thing about songs posted for ComedyFest.

So I would like to ask everyone to...

please post lyrics with your ComedyFest songs.

To make it more interesting, I've created the new BBcode tag [wurdz] [/wurdz]. Simply insert your lyrics between these tags and they will be displayed in a scrollable list box with an appropriate background graphic. Other tags are allowed inside the [wurdz] [/wurdz] tags, so you can put your song title in a large, bold font and your writing credits in a smaller, italic font, for example.

[wurdz]
[size=16pt][b]Walk like a Norwegian[/b][/size]
[size=9pt][i](Words by Geir. Music by The Bangles.)[/i][/size]

All the old paintings on the stones
They do the snow-dance, don't you know
If you move too quick .. oh-eh-oh
They're falling down, like an avalanche
On the sledge our man, by the fjord
he got a sword stabbed, in the back
Old viking runes .. oh-eh-oh
He ate a whole "psyc-mushroom"
All the sweedes in Valhalla says:
weehoohh-weehoohh---weehoohh-weehoohh

Walk like a Norwegian

[/wurdz]

(You'll have to try it to find out what the graphic is. It's a surprise.)  ;)

If you want to post lyrics for songs that are not in the ComedyFest (or you just don't like the graphic I've chosen), you can use the new [lyrics] [/lyrics] tags instead. They will display your lyrics in a smaller, plain scroll box like this:

Walk Like a Norwegian
(Words by Geir. Music by The Bangles.)

All the old paintings on the stones
They do the snow-dance, don't you know
If you move too quick .. oh-eh-oh
They're falling down, like an avalanche
On the sledge our man, by the fjord
he got a sword stabbed, in the back
Old viking runes .. oh-eh-oh
He ate a whole "psyc-mushroom"
All the sweedes in Valhalla says:

Walk like a Norwegian

The blond viking broads take their mead
they spin around and they hit the floor
they call the moose  --- oh-eh-oh
Don't stop to drink, just go for more
All the cold kids so sick of fish
They'd like to go over to "Eng-e-land"
When the father calls -- oh-eh-oh
They're walking like a Norwegian
All the kids on the viking ship says :

Walk like a Norwegian

You've got a cold and you sweat
You're looking out at a polar-bear
Let's kill a fish  oh-eh-oh
Get a ride on a reindeer's back
If you wanna find all the cod
It's hanging 'round - outside Iceland
Let's sing and dance  oh-eh-oh
let's spin on ice .. and cut a block
let's steal the cheese from the french
and have a good time in "Lofoten"
All the Danes will know  oh-eh-oh
They wanna walk like Norwegians
All the Kings in the mushroom shop says:

Walk like a Norwegian
Walk like a Norwegian

If you already have a song in the ComedyFest jukebox and did not post lyrics, please take the time to add the lyrics to your post. They should go in the same message as your song so people don't have to search through the topic for the lyrics. Just click the "Modify" link at the top-right of your message to edit it.

Thanks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Another thing to remember:

Please include the name of the festival (ComedyFest or DylanFest) at the start of your subject. This will help me to spot it so that I can get it into the jukebox more quickly. I'm way behind in my unread posts, so I can easily miss your festival entry if you don't put the name of the festival in the subject of your message. Also, the festival name in the subject is used for the "Newest Posts" search at the top of each jukebox. It's important to spell the festival name correctly and not include any spaces. Otherwise, the search won't find your post. Letter case doesn't matter for the search but I'd recommend CamelCase for consistency.

You should also include the title of your song in the subject, preferably in quotes. The subject, in its entirety, is what's displayed in your "Play all my songs" jukebox, as well as the "Latest Songs" and "On This Day" jukeboxes. So choose your subject content wisely and don't add any text that you don't want displayed in the jukeboxes. Just the festival name and song title should be enough. You don't need to add your name because that will be added automatically by the jukeboxes.

Also, you can change the subject of any of your existing messages simply by clicking the "Modify" link at the top-right of your message to edit it. So, if you don't like what's displayed in the jukeboxes for your songs, change the subject of the corresponding message.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kenneth

went through all the icons at the top of the message didn't see the "wurdz" icon.... yes i'm McFly....
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

There's no icon, Ken. I didn't think it was necessary because this is such a simple tag to use.

Most BBCode tags have the same format. So, if it helps, you can click one of the other icons and change the keyword to "wurdz". For example, if you click the button, the following is inserted into your message:

[quote][/quote]

Now you can simply change the keyword "quote" to "wurdz" in both tags so that you get this:

[wurdz][/wurdz]

Then insert your lyrics between the two tags.

Of course, you can also simply type out the whole tag yourself instead, including the brackets and slash. That's what I would do. Just don't forget to type the closing tag or it won't work. I find that it's best to type both tags out before you add the lyrics. Like this:

[wurdz]

[/wurdz]

That way, you can't forget to add the closing tag because it's already there. All you have to do is type or paste your lyrics on the blank line between the two tags.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kenneth

ok sounds easy enough for even me! Thanks 64!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman